Multi function switch with fog lights - 5016709AD

strichzwei

2004 rubicon factory fog lights stay on and I would like to replace the multifunction switch to keep everything stock.
Apparently Mopar 5016709AD is now discontinued, Crown, APDTY, Omnimax and OMIX all make an aftermarket replacements.
Does anyone have experience with these? Any one of these better than the others?
thanks,
Scott

If you go the replacement route, Napa's Eichlin multi-function switch is nice. I've tried a few over the years and this is the best I've found. All functions are quiet and smooth. The throw for the high beams also seems to be slightly shorter than the OE lever.

2004 rubicon factory fog lights stay on and I would like to replace the multifunction switch to keep everything stock.
Apparently Mopar 5016709AD is now discontinued, Crown, APDTY, Omnimax and OMIX all make an aftermarket replacements.
Does anyone have experience with these? Any one of these better than the others?
thanks,
Scott
There are new Mopar OEM parts available on EBay..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-CHRYS...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
If you don’t want to fix yours I would recommend finding a used or new OEM on eBay or elsewhere. I cant speak for the Napa recommended above but the other aftermarket options suck(I imagine all the common names you listed come from the same place). When I bought my TJ the PO had recently had a new switch installed and it felt like crap. The operation was clunky, the brights were hard to engage (took two or three attempts to “stick”). I couldn’t stand it. I ended up getting a used one on eBay with 70k on it and it’s a night and day difference. Had I had the OEM switch I would have done the repair on it.

If you don’t want to fix yours I would recommend finding a used or new OEM on eBay or elsewhere. I cant speak for the Napa recommended above but the other aftermarket options suck(I imagine all the common names you listed come from the same place). When I bought my TJ the PO had recently had a new switch installed and it felt like crap. The operation was clunky, the brights were hard to engage (took two or three attempts to “stick”). I couldn’t stand it. I ended up getting a used one on eBay with 70k on it and it’s a night and day difference. Had I had the OEM switch I would have done the repair on it.
thanks for sharing that, might have to just do the repair........

The previous owner of my Jeep broke the latch for the Emergency flasher button where the flashers would continually flash so he super glued the button in place where the flasher button wouldn’t release.
I purchased a used Mopar OEM MFS on EBay from a seller with many good reviews. The MFS has worked great and still have several spare parts from the transaction including a flasher module.

I’m starting to suspect my multifunction switch may be dying. Problem is, the correct part no for UK exports is 5016710AA (according to the parts manual: with rear fog lamp (Europe)). Mopar says this is discontinued but 5016710AD will fit.

But the obvious Uk supplier (Jeepey) has 5016709AD which is for front fogs not rear. Does it make a difference? @Fishtaco does yours have rear fogs?