Multifunction switch recomendations

voodooridr

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I noticed this morning that when I hit my right turn signal the my fog lights come on, So, it looks like I'm in need of a new multifunction switch.
Has anyone used one that they liked?

I noticed this morning that when I hit my right turn signal the my fog lights come on, So, it looks like I'm in need of a new multifunction switch.
I don't know if this applies to your issue but have you read the how-to thread on repairing multimalfunction switches?
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-repair-multifunction-switch-for-fog-lights-fog-lights-that-wont-turn-off.3697/
Has anyone used one that they liked?
mrblaine replaced mine with a MOPAR unit while he was building my LJ.

I tried to repair mine using the above thread, but I didn’t have any luck. I ended up replacing mine with a Mopar one I bought from a part out thread on here. It’s been good ever since.

If you want an original mopar multifuckup switch, look on ebay or find someone doing a part out.

Otherwise pick your poison with the aftermarket. Napa, Autozone, etc. They're probably all made by Standard Products anyway.

Go to AM-Autoparts and buy the one they sell. 10 year warranty on all the parts they sell (including brake pads) and they have no hassle returns (you don't have to send back the original part IF it fails). I've been using them for years for all my vehicles. I recently replaced the axles in my Scion and the box showed up dented (UPS typical BS). I emailed about the issue and they issued me an immediate refund through Paypal and told me to keep the axles. Not many companies (if any) do this.
p.s. The axles were fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: voodooridr
I went through two Standard Motor Products (SMP) switches, which were junk. One didn't work when I got it and the other failed within weeks. I replaced it with an OMIX version, which hasn't given me any problems. I'm not sure if it's still the case, but the SMP was made in China, while the OMIX version was made in Taiwan.

Reactions: Blondie70
I tried one from Auto one, and it was crap. Headlights, fogs and turn signals all on at the same time. I ordered a Standard
products off Amazon and it gas been pretty good so far (3 months). I have the OEM repair as a spare. It is a crap shoot.