Must-Haves From McMaster-Carr

FarFire70

TJ Addict
Lifetime Supporting Member
I plan to pick up spacers for the upcoming Anti-Rock install (P/N: 91545A390) and that requires $9.00 in shipping. So I'm thinking I may as well toss a few more goodies in that box before they slap on the shipping label.

I'm thinking to toss some 1/4-20 nutserts in as they seem versatile, especially since I'm replacing the fenders, including the inner fender wells.

Looking for other suggestions on some go-to / must-have parts to add to my garage's draws to keep on-hand. Looking for recommendations on those items where McMaster is the go-to place to get them, I can get Grade 8 & SS bolts, washer, nuts at the local Lowe's, etc. for a specific task/job.

I plan to pick up spacers for the upcoming Anti-Rock install (P/N: 91545A390) and that requires $9.00 in shipping. So I'm thinking I may as well toss a few more goodies in that box before they slap on the shipping label.

I'm thinking to toss some 1/4-20 nutserts in as they seem versatile, especially since I'm replacing the fenders, including the inner fender wells.

Looking for other suggestions on some go-to / must-have parts to add to my garage's draws to keep on-hand. Looking for recommendations on those items where McMaster is the go-to place to get them, I can get Grade 8 & SS bolts, washer, nuts at the local Lowe's, etc. for a specific task/job.
I can tell you one thing, Do not buy their zip ties. The one thing I found that is not quality at McMaster

Reactions: FarFire70
I use these on my savvy skid plate and the bottom of my rear bumper. They are very low profile and slide over rocks easier:

Alloy Steel Flanged Button Head Screws, Zinc-Plated, M12 x 1.75 mm Thread, 40 mm Long

https://www.mcmaster.com/96660A244

@mrblaine hooking me up with the right TC skid nutserts. Thought about going with the countersunk bolts that others have done. This is a nice alternative to consider. Got a new rear bumper going on too, so an opportune time to replace those bolts too.

(y)

Reactions: HornedToad
Good thread- for the guys that have stock sway bars that drift they sell a 2 piece clamshell clamp that can lock it in place-

Reactions: MountaineerTom

Last time I ordered from McMaster they shipped from two different facilities, and that may not matter for the shipping, but it may. Like you I tried to lump the products all into one order. Anything stainless I like to order from McMaster because you can specify what kind of stainless you want. I read about a few, compared prices, and made decision based on corrosion resistance (assuming strength for application). Various mounting depth nutserts are good to order there too.

Last edited:
Last time I ordered from McMaster they shipped from two different facilities, and that may not matter for the shipping, but it may. Like you I tried to lump the products all into one order. Anything stainless I like to order from McMaster because you can specify what kind of stainless you want. I read about a few, compared prices, and made decision based on corrosion resistance (assuming strength for application). Various mounting depth nutserts are good to order there too.

The have 3 different warehouses and their shipping is very reasonable compared to other suppliers. California, Illinois, and Georgia I think

Add 3M VHB tape to the list of ‘must haves’ from McMaster.
I’ve used it to ‘stack’ material for duplicate processing (like drilling a hole in the same spot on two brackets, that I taped together), as well as providing a bond between items that glue will not work on.