Ohio My daughter's 97 TJ just broke down in Columbus, OH

TominAZ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Does anyone in the area have a suggestion as to where she should have it towed? I'll have to rent her a car to get back to Penn State. She was supposed to start school tomorrow but will have to miss the first day. Any suggestions would help otherwise it's just pot luck...

Does anyone in the area have a suggestion as to where she should have it towed? I'll have to rent her a car to get back to Penn State. She was supposed to start school tomorrow but will have to miss the first day. Any suggestions would help otherwise it's just pot luck...

Sorry to hear this, hope someone local jumps in with a suggestion. Any details what happened?

Last edited:
Sorry. Ohio sucks for Jeep shops. Any idea what happened? I’ve heard good things about Honest Speed Shop, but nothing personally experienced. I’ll ask around.

Honest Speed Shop Truck Jeep 4x4 Off-road And Car Performance Parts and Accessories.

5110 Trabue Rd, Columbus, OH 43228
(614) 853-8730 https://g.co/kgs/nau3Ka

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
Thanks, I saw them in my search but it was too late since AAA had already dropped it off at their "approved" shop. I wound up sending her money to buy a car because nobody would rent a 21 year-old a one-way. It still sits there today. When they get me a quote I have the right to tow it somewhere else for a second quote. I'll send it over to Honest. On the bright side I get to rescue it and now I have a TJ in Arizona again!

Thanks, I saw them in my search but it was too late since AAA had already dropped it off at their "approved" shop. I wound up sending her money to buy a car because nobody would rent a 21 year-old a one-way. It still sits there today. When they get me a quote I have the right to tow it somewhere else for a second quote. I'll send it over to Honest. On the bright side I get to rescue it and now I have a TJ in Arizona again!

What a hassle, that makes for a very large “repair” bill.

• Sad
Reactions: taylormade73
I'll keep this thread updated when I know more. I've learned this forum is a great resource when you're trying not to get ripped off. All I know now is "cranks but will not start".

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
AAA Auto Care Center guys think it's the ECM. They don't fix those kind of things. If I could find one here in Arizona I would grab a flight, put in the new one and drive it back, but those are hard to find.