My First LJ 2006 (maybe start of my build thread)

MadCore

ok you guys have been a HUGH savor when it comes to staying away from bad buys, but i found one that's in my budget, close to the mileage i wanted and clean from rust. Now it DOES have a rebuilt title due to a damaged sustained from limbs falling on it. the Hardtop and roll bar was replaced as well as some other odds and ends.

Please let me know if i jumped the gun too soon because i pick it up Saturday and its too late to back out lol

https://www.qcautoplex.com/used-2006-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-2dr-suv-4wd-eldridge-ia-id-38780305

I will in time have to figure out how to lift it. I'm thinking 3.5 to 4 in lift.
I am also not crazy about the chrome grill.

0adeca95ecc683a4dd0de46c59e3acb2.jpg

3acf4622cd4795a6d0d29454372ddb60.jpg

7a34c11b7a25f9eec6b42ca2e6e35ff1.jpg

9a6d20847fc66722a82b75597fb2e4ec.jpg

73e3f0bc07fca628069de22bee62bea7 (1).jpg

f16d762ff3996734e52019b1e888a2ba.jpg

Reactions: Cross-Threaded-06TJ
Looks like a solid buy on the surface. Obviously you'll learn a lot from a test drive. What do you mean it's too late to back out now?

I just mean as in I sold my car last night. I can still walk away at the cost of a plane ticket there and another home if something isnt sitting right with me on the buy.

I just mean as in I sold my car last night. I can still walk away at the cost of a plane ticket there and another home if something isnt sitting right with me on the buy.
I gotcha. What happened to the "No Charge Free Delivery" they advertise? Did you not qualify by falling outside of the 2mi radius they have in the fine print? lol
Seriously though, do your best to leave the emotional attachment at home (easier said than done). Your best tool will be convincing yourself right now that you can still fly home if something goes south. Good looking LJ and I hope everything is on the up-and-up. Keep us updated?

I gotcha. What happened to the "No Charge Free Delivery" they advertise? Did you not qualify by falling outside of the 2mi radius they have in the fine print? lol
Seriously though, do your best to leave the emotional attachment at home (easier said than done). Your best tool will be convincing yourself right now that you can still fly home if something goes south. Good looking LJ and I hope everything is on the up-and-up. Keep us updated?

I'll keep you updated, but I didn't want it delivered to me, I want to drive it and get on the highway before handing over 16k.

Plus after a 7 hour drive home think ill know if i need to move up the timeline for work that i want done :)

Reactions: Cross-Threaded-06TJ
I'll keep you updated, but I didn't want it delivered to me, I want to drive it and get on the highway before handing over 16k.

Plus after a 7 hour drive home think ill know if i need to move up the timeline for work that i want done :)
Looks like a good deal. Hope it works out. And a 7 hr drive will definitely be a good test of its condition.

I'm gonna throw in my advice of going straight to a high end lift like Currie 4" when you are ready. That's just me though.

Looks like a good deal. Hope it works out. And a 7 hr drive will definitely be a good test of its condition.

I'm gonna throw in my advice of going straight to a high end lift like Currie 4" when you are ready. That's just me though.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but at 4" lift I don't have to do a new drive shaft or drop anything? It's still springs and the normal stuff still?

$17K for a non-Rubicon, with a rebuilt title, sounds high. Hopefully you're getting it cheaper than what they're advertising. With the re-built title, resale will be an issue later, if you decide to do so.

$17K for a non-Rubicon, with a rebuilt title, sounds high. Hopefully you're getting it cheaper than what they're advertising. With the re-built title, resale will be an issue later, if you decide to do so.
Unfortunately no. $16,950 is what I'm paying :/ I thought the same thing too, but with the shape of the other jeeps in my price range from the looks and video he has of it, I'm hoping the condition is what I'm getting in return.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but at 4" lift I don't have to do a new drive shaft or drop anything? It's still springs and the normal stuff still?
On the Unlimited you "may" be able to get away with the stock driveshaft. You may need adjustable upper rear control arms and a motor mount lift. On mine, which is an Unlimited it vibrated just a little with 4" springs and no transfer case drop. I probably could have messed with it and got it to stop. But I went with an SYE and Tom Woods driveshaft.

Unfortunately no. $16,950 is what I'm paying :/ I thought the same thing too, but with the shape of the other jeeps in my price range from the looks and video he has of it, I'm hoping the condition is what I'm getting in return.
It does look very clean. As long as you go into eye's open, it's a solid find! (y)

IMHO, I think it is 4-5k too high for a non Rubicon LJ with 100k miles and a rebuilt title. Patience is key.

Reactions: Irun