My first TJ

FutureMan

hey guys, looking forward to learning some stuff here

picked this up about two weeks ago, pretty clean 99 sahara, 4.0, 5 speed, around 116k on the odo

Nayl4ri.jpg

i've got an alien sunscreen coming today, i bought this to ride with the top down, but the florida sun will kill you quick, so that will add some protection

after that i plan on doing the TPS (got that code at autozone)

then maybe some cosmetic stuff... the body-matched fenders are faded bad, the clear is all burnt away, and the hood is a little rough as well.

Congratulations, and welcome aboard. That's my favorite color combo, right there.
I too like that color combo. Welcome to TJ life!

thanks guys, yeah the color is sharp, from far away. close up you see the paint issues i described above. still not sure if i want to re-paint the fenders and keep the original sahara look, or delete them, or replace with flats

the rear gate is pretty dry but the latch portion has surface rust... i've seen guys with those coated with black rust proofing i think? which one do you all recommend?

Reactions: FutureMan
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Looks very familiar! and welcome to the forum.
Glad you grabbed a sun shade right off the bat. In FL the soft top is the way to go!

Welcome aboard! Nice rig. Now I know what a really clean Sahara in that color is supposed to look like! My '98 (same color) is quite a bit more worn. Yours is very sharp! :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard! Nice rig. Now I know what a really clean Sahara in that color is supposed to look like! My '98 (same color) is quite a bit more worn. Yours is very sharp! :thumbsup:
trust me there's some rough spots when you get up close haha

but overall it's pretty straight, and original, which is what i was looking for :sifone:

Good choice FutureMan. I have the Aliens too, they hide in between the roll bars tied down. I also put my top without removing them. Love it !

i've got an alien sunscreen coming today, i bought this to ride with the top down, but the florida sun will kill you quick, so that will add some protection

after that i plan on doing the TPS (got that code at autozone)

then maybe some cosmetic stuff... the body-matched fenders are faded bad, the clear is all burnt away, and the hood is a little rough as well.

Welcome to the forum. If your TPS is bad, replace it with a Mopar sensor. Our TJs don’t like aftermarket sensors. Lots of threads discuss this. I realize that an aftermarket sensor is 40-50% of a Mopar one but peace of mind is better than your check engine light coming back on. I replaced mine 1.5 years ago with a Mopar one and it’s been perfect. Cost me $100 and about 45 minutes.