My KO2's failed me.

The 1st gen KM was by far, my favorite tire to date. 45K out of them and they weren't nearly as noisy.

Reactions: ac_
Set of 31x10.5 boggers/TSLs for the trail, eh? ;)
Only for certain times of the year. Mud season, which lasts about 9 months out of the year around here.
I have never had any luck with the K02's well to be fair the old AT's. I have had lots of luck with the km2's to be fair the MT's. I always only ran the MT's street or offroad. Got decent miles out of them. I can never get through a set of the k02 AT's they cup and bubble or dont wear tread evenly even on the rear. I replace them and have gotten at least twice the life plus they self clean better.

It is weird to me to read all of the reviews here that are good, but I am talking different vehicles and same results. I just never had any luck with them. I hate to talk bad because obviously they do better for other people.

I think my next set of tires, I am going to test the Toyo MT's They looked pretty agressive and cool. but I am testing the duratracs now, and I have to say they are pretty awesome so far. I will write a review if that status changes.
I have had Toyo M/T's on the Suburban for years. It would be interesting to see what they do on a light, small, low hp rig. Look at the voids though. They taper from wide in the middle to narrower on the outside. Silly things ball up like an A/T tire, but the 454 spins them pretty clean when that needs to happen.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll be brutally honest here. My KO2's have been on about two years. In all that time, I've had an issue exactly twice. The first case was wet pine needles and moss over steep, wet slick rock. Nothing sticks to that. This was the second case. If I would have been just a little smarter and not trying to show off for the grandkids I wouldn't have dove into the middle of the snot, would have never had to pull the happy lever and would have had no issues.

In the end, I drove out of both situations with a little finagling. A winch would have been required in both cases if the situation had gone south.

Yep, I had KM2s great tires. Ran dedicated winter tires. Last summer I bought KO2s. They are definitely a compromise. But I still like the versatility of the KOs.

And I know I'll appreciate the extended life, mileage.

Last edited:
Reactions: StG58