My motor has moved to an angle

cwkerr007

97 sahara 4.0 i was traveleling 35and a slight dip in the road had my hand on shifter and felt it move the shifter to the passenger side of the jeep and drove home and realized it won't go in reverse cause it's hitting the bazel ! So i get a trans mount and crawl under it after opening the hood and seeing the rear of the motor has shifted to the passenger side so i start to jack up the trans and the mount is still in tact and i take a tie down strap and try to pull the transfer case back in line so i could get it in rev and it wouldn't move back over in nuetral with e brake on ! So i bearly get it in rev and move it hoping it will go back in place but not so! So my question is there enough adjustment slots in the trans mount to do this????

I wouldn't think the transmission mount would be the entire culprit. I'd think motor mounts. Got pictures?

Using the original skid plate? Are those skid plate bolts tight and right?

I need new motor mounts...mines not moving but they're cracked, old and brittle.

-Mac

Open the hood and look at the positioning of the engine.
is the engine leaning against the frame rail ?
DO NOT attempt to drive your Jeep or more damage will occur.
Your description sounds like what a Jeep owner experienced when a couple of the block bolts loosened up and sheared off.
Place a piece of ply wood on a floor jack under the oil pan and slowly jack up to raise the engine into proper position and inspect the motor mounts.
Inspect the motor mount and the part of the motor mount that bolts to the engine block.
Order new OEM motor mounts and what ever else you may need for the repair.

100% it's your motor mounts or probably more specifically the mounting brackets. I'm guessing you are going to find some missing or broken bolts where they attach to the engine or frame. As mentioned above, stop driving it.

Definitely sounds like a motor mount bracket broke off the block. Could be the block holes gave out or the bolts themselves gave up. It might be something else but unlikely. The mount itself may be intact but where the mount bracket connects to the block probably is not intact.

Definitely agreed with others than it should not be driven until whatever is wrong is confirmed. Take some pics if you like.