My peeves with the TJ

The only real gripes I have are the pointless sun visors and that the top of the windshield is often right in line with traffic lights.

Does everyone wear a mask when going topless. :)

You know I do. Even with my shirt on. 🤫
IT Jeep new.jpg

Light bars… completely useless. Some of the people I wheel with have them and all they do is blind the heck out of the person in front of you/wash out everything. Only have seen them cut them on once, then turn them right back off because of what I already said.

Best part is when I mentioned my opinion they had tons of “what if” scenarios they have never came to be, and are still better solved by a flash light (that all of us carry along with a headlamp) without being blinded. Or simply the headlights.

Plus a lot of them whistle in the wind, or I’ve seen some just reflect off the hood so much that it made it hard for the driver to see…

See, that's not a problem with a manual transmission Jeep... Left hand on about 11 o'clock, right elbow on console with right hand just lightly resting on shift knob...

My TJ is manual so I think you missed my point, my preferred driving position is left arm resting on the door/right on the wheel, except when shifting which is when I switch positions...

Other exception is when I steer with my knee in which case both elbows can rest comfortably & do nothing 😜

Reactions: DEValken
Light bars… completely useless. Some of the people I wheel with have them and all they do is blind the heck out of the person in front of you/wash out everything. Only have seen them cut them on once, then turn them right back off because of what I already said.

Best part is when I mentioned my opinion they had tons of “what if” scenarios they have never came to be, and are still better solved by a flash light (that all of us carry along with a headlamp) without being blinded. Or simply the headlights.

Plus a lot of them whistle in the wind, or I’ve seen some just reflect off the hood so much that it made it hard for the driver to see…

We’re talking about from the factory quirks.

Oh...One big pet peeve of mine is the stupid door strikers. Two reasons...One I've had them poke holes in my kidneys (or so it feels like) rolling out of the seat to get out of the bathtub. The other is the weak return spring on the seatbelt allows the belt to hang up on that striker...and the door then smashes the seatbelt.

One good thing about that u-shaped striker is that it works pretty well to open beer bottles...

Oh...One big pet peeve of mine is the stupid door strikers. Two reasons...One I've had them poke holes in my kidneys (or so it feels like) rolling out of the seat to get out of the bathtub. The other is the weak return spring on the seatbelt allows the belt to hang up on that striker...and the door then smashes the seatbelt.

One good thing about that u-shaped striker is that it works pretty well to open beer bottles...

I have read a lot on this forum about the strikers poking the back or catching the belt loops as people exit the vehicle. I really am puzzled with this phenomenon since it has never once been a problem for me. I tend to just swing one leg out, extend and then swivel a little and a tiny jump out. I will slow down and pay attention next time when I get out of the jeep.

I have experienced the seat belt hanging on the striker through. Happens on my XJ much more frequently.

Reactions: DWR
I have read a lot on this forum about the strikers poking the back or catching the belt loops as people exit the vehicle. I really am puzzled with this phenomenon since it has never once been a problem for me. I tend to just swing one leg out, extend and then swivel a little and a tiny jump out. I will slow down and pay attention next time when I get out of the jeep.

I have experienced the seat belt hanging on the striker through. Happens on my XJ much more frequently.

I know a guy who's stetching his TJ through the middle of the doors by 3" because of his belt loop catching the striker.

The seat belt catching it is the only issue I've had. It's frequent.

I know a guy who's stetching his TJ through the middle of the doors by 3" because of his belt loop catching the striker.

The seat belt catching it is the only issue I've had. It's frequent.

This was my cure for the seatbelt issue 😉

61E3AA96-9C0C-4CCB-9F30-E3A89B127B93.jpeg

Reactions: DWR

For real? :oops:

I guess people have different ways of stepping out of the jeep, just like getting in. This is such a frequent complaint and I feel I am missing something.

Reactions: Apparition

I don't get it either. I swivel both legs out, then slide down.

For real? :oops:

I guess people have different ways of stepping out of the jeep, just like getting in. This is such a frequent complaint and I feel I am missing something.

For real, it's also getting a V8 and there are many people on this forum that run a product the individual sells. But, he's not on here as far as I know.