My personal nirvana!

Tony Ownbey

3 - DAWG
Supporting Member
I've found a 2006 Unlimited Rubicon in near perfect condition. I have a couple of questions if someone could help. It has a Warn winch. Is there enough extra weight from a winch to affect suspension? It seems a little heavy in the front end but it could be my imagination. The other thing is it has a factory hardtop with wiper and defrost but no controls. I assume it was purchased later.
I've done some research here and it seems a new wire harness is not available. So far, I can't find a used one. Is there a good aftermarket harness kit that anyone can recommend? I still have to find the rocker switches also. Am I wrong in thinking I could run my own wire if I can find the right connectors? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
Ps. I'm about to list my old 2006 Unlimited for sale. Stay tuned to this Forum!

Winches aren’t really light, so depending on the age of the coil springs that could effect ride height and weigh the front down some. Steel or synthetic line?

I haven’t ever seen an after market harness for the hardtop. Would be worth calling Davey’s Jeeps to see if he sells one. http://www.daveysjeeps.com

Post up some pics!

Then I immediately see this posted on FB:
7a0f07a0b2351f303e24f20439445ddf.jpg

Reactions: Tony Ownbey
Wow! There's hope. I've spent way too much time looking for parts. I should have just asked the question earlier. I'll check this out. I have steel cable so that's a few more lbs. on the front end. Maybe I have an excuse to get synthetic line? I'll have to allow time for my wife to absorb that I have two Jeeps before I buy much more. I would like to get the wiper-defrost working though. I'll post some pics tomorrow. The new one is white with that $3,000 dollar Rubicon sticker on the hood. Worth it! Thanks for the help.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Yea, no sooner had I read your post I saw that on FB. Never know what you’ll find on that marketplace. For winch line I used winchline.com when I upgraded my steel to synth. Not a cheap purchase but much lighter.

You can't find the rocker switches (do you mean locker switches)

I need the rocker switches for the rear defrost and the rear wiper. I have the functioning locker switch. I'm not a regular FB user but I'm going to look Dee D. up. Thanks

Had me worried . No locker switch is bad news!

Mines a factory soft top Rubicon with 25,000 miles (03) and the switches are left of the axle lock. It's wired for a hard top I believe...suprised me .