Mystery Upper Half Doors

Dave.R

'03 Tj and '06 LJR
Supporting Member
Does anyone have any idea what brand these uppers are? They are fiberglass, and in pretty good shape, but I need hardware for them.

doors.jpg

I have the BestTop and there is not the "bulky" lower that matches up with the door. As well, the BT have little "flippers" towards the bottom of the glass that [ theoretically ] lock the sliders. These look like the lock is in the center.

How's that for an answer that does not answer the question :)

• Haha
Reactions: MountaineerTom
I picked up a set of these off of craigslist and the PO told me they were Smittybilt. If you scroll towards the end of the video you can see him putting the doors on and the hardware they use.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I don't think these are the smittybilts with the exterior body lines, and the "cut outs" for the plastic knob hardware that mine have.

I had a set of hard uppers similar on my 97 many years ago. Hated them. I had to use an extension spring to keep the top of the uppers from pulling out at highway speeds.

Those look like YJ uppers, no clue on the brand. I found these on wrangler forum for a 94 YJ.

2145E362-89AA-43B2-B8BB-C268500F247E.jpeg

6465CE91-5767-48D2-A822-359B3F264D28.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep can confirm those are indeed YJ uppers. I recently sold the set I had lying around. Even though mine had stickers underneath with numbers, I could not find who originally manufacture them.

YJ_Uppers.jpg

Bringing this thread to the life, this time with another mystery soft top sliders made by “HEHR”. Apparently “HEHR” makes windows for RV‘s and Boats etc. However couldn’t find any information of their Wrangler windows. Please educate me with all your expert knowledge.

http://www.hehrwindows.net/

Glass slides only forward and there is not much information other than latches have “HEHR” embossed on them and glass have “JANEL” stamped with other safety information. Window frames are made of aluminium with rubber seal/gasket around the edges supported by steel or aluminium plate Inside the fabric skins.

I am planning to take them apart and refurbish them, door skins seems to come off and replaceable.

B354B7D7-66AF-4C96-9251-82BDDFDC2C13.jpeg

9A8D8F66-AC9B-49FF-B1A3-8756EEF813A0.jpeg

2FA892D7-4783-4C5C-8B86-7AA5AA512EA4.jpeg

94DBBCD7-8DD5-4C31-9083-5D8AB09C5E17.jpeg

CE811385-EC8A-4753-B2F9-BBD90DE12888.jpeg

688DEE41-1C26-4BBB-B6BB-E484DE54C951.jpeg

Last edited:
I picked up a set of these off of craigslist and the PO told me they were Smittybilt. If you scroll towards the end of the video you can see him putting the doors on and the hardware they use.

Thanks for this. I know I'm resurrecting an old post but this solved the mystery of my unnamed uppers. He mentions at the end of the video how poorly they fit and that's the case with mine too. Door gaps are perfect so I'm hesitant to mess with the hinges. Might just hit the corners with the angle grinder until they comply.
Thanks again for the vid!