Narrower tire and backspacing

RangerZ21i

I am currently running 12.5" wide tires on 15" tall x 8" wide rims, 3.625" backspacing. I want to run a narrower tire either 10.5" or 11.5" . Looking to tuck the tire under the jeep a little more. what backspacing should I be looking at for this ?

Backspacing isn't for looks, it's to clear the tire from components on the Jeep, to keep it from rubbing. What size tire diameter are you going to run? If you are considering a 33" tire it ain't going to work and tuck under in my opinion. If you are going to run a 31" tire the factory backspacing of 5.5" works fine.

I have 33 10.5 tsl on 4.5 back space and they don’t rub anything

ED974F96-8584-4B68-A608-64F0FF71FAC9.jpeg

Reactions: srimes
Backspacing isn't for looks, it's to clear the tire from components on the Jeep, to keep it from rubbing. What size tire diameter are you going to run? If you are considering a 33" tire it ain't going to work and tuck under in my opinion. If you are going to run a 31" tire the factory backspacing of 5.5" works fine.
2.5" suspension and 1-1/4" body lift.

I've run 33x10.50 KM2 tires on stock Ravine wheels. They rubbed at full lock. I would have expected those Swampers, with the big lugs, to have rubbed!

Reactions: pagrey
31s ain't 33s but the Swampers do run small. All I said was that I am surprised they fit.
I ran 35x12.50 Goodyear MT/R tires with 4.5" of backspacing. The front tires barely touched the control arms at full turn lock but a washer under the steering stop bolts to adjust it fixed that.