NC Gearing Prices

dvTJ

I've gotten 2 quotes for changing my factory 3.73s to 4.56s on my 2002 TJ. One was 1400 but that was given to me verbally while I was talking to one of the techs of a reputable shop near me in Greensboro, NC. So it wasn't an official quote, however. the other was 3100 and that was given to me by East Coast Gear which is a well known shop in Louisberg, NC near Raleigh. I'm waiting on a 3rd shop to give me a quote. 3100 seems really high for new gears, but I know East Coast is slammed with work so that is probably a contributing factor.

Are there any NC jeepers here that have found a reasonable price for this, and had good results?

$1400 is a good price, right in there with other properly priced R&P replacements. $3100 from ECG is a complete rip-off price unless they're also including front and rear full carrier lockers.

Reactions: dvTJ
$1400 is a good price, right in there with other properly priced R&P replacements. $3100 from ECG is a complete rip-off price unless they're also including front and rear full carrier lockers.

Thank you. I thought 1400 was a good price as well. I need to call them for an official quote, but the tech I talked to was the "gear guy" and he said he does about 2 installs per week and he's been there a long time so I trust what he was saying. I couldn't believe my ears when ECG said 3100. I have a factory LSD and asked him to quote replacing that and adding one in the front and it was some number over 4000, so didn't bother asking about lockers after that.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford