Need a new Jeep

ohiopatriot

TJ Enthusiast
Need a new/used Jeep for a mule for my shop to show upgrades available to clients. I was looking for an unmolested 13 or newer then came across this. Going to go see it tomorrow and inspect it closer, like lift quality etc. Looks to have adjustable lowers at least. The winch is quality for a mall crawler, it doesn't appear offroaded. So maybe the lift is to. Thing is I love the half doors and you just don't see JKs in Ohio with them.
$25500 out the door. Any thoughts?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...efined&filtersModified=true#listing=189982227

1512700193044959225952.jpg

Its a 2014 with 25k miles. Probably upgrade to Currie lift with antirock bar and sell what's on there unless it's OME, Currie, Rock Krawler already.

Upgrades to be done will be regear, axles, lockers, bumper, tire carrier, sliders, lights, armor, flares, company decals. Misc.

I bet money that is 3.21 gears and drives like a dog right now. Regear would be good. Looks like rough country or fox shocks hard to tell. Do you have a link to more pictures? It's sharp looking for sure tho. Nice sport with half doors.

I bet money that is 3.21 gears and drives like a dog right now. Regear would be good. Looks like rough country or fox shocks hard to tell. Do you have a link to more pictures? It's sharp looking for sure tho. Nice sport with half doors.
Not so quick on the 'drives like a dog' idea. I had a 2012 JK Sport with 3.21 gears, 32" tires, and that thing was quick, and had plenty of power. I'd find myself going 80 on the interstate if I wasn't paying attention. Granted, it was an auto, and I have not driven a standard transmission with the 3.6 engine, but the auto tranny + 3.6 will get you there in a hurry, even with 3.21 axles. Mine was anything but a dog.

Reactions: StG58
Not so quick on the 'drives like a dog' idea. I had a 2012 JK Sport with 3.21 gears, 32" tires, and that thing was quick, and had plenty of power. I'd find myself going 80 on the interstate if I wasn't paying attention. Granted, it was an auto, and I have not driven a standard transmission with the 3.6 engine, but the auto tranny + 3.6 will get you there in a hurry, even with 3.21 axles. Mine was anything but a dog.
I had a 3.6 with the 3.21 gears on my 14 sport with 33" MTrs and I could notice a slight performance loss when it would search for gears. 35s I think would be pushing the limit. No doubt tho the 3.6 was a huge improvement from the 3.8. It's a sharp looking Jeep.

I had a 3.6 with the 3.21 gears on my 14 sport with 33" MTrs and I could notice a slight performance loss when it would search for gears. 35s I think would be pushing the limit. No doubt tho the 3.6 was a huge improvement from the 3.8. It's a sharp looking Jeep.
I did not see that the JK in the ad had 35s. That would be a whole different story.

I have seen a few Newer JKs in Lancaster at jeep dealership...
I know that right now there are two at Carriage company in Lancaster...

Ok, so I bought it. Went and looked at it and was impressed over all. Not a cobbled together cheap build. Has Teraflex 3 inch lift with with 8 adjustable arms, track bar, QDs, extended brake lines,bump stops, Fox 2.0 shocks, Adams CV driveshaft, exhaust drop and tires at 50+%. Only thing I don't like is the drop pitman arm, but it drives well.

Also came with unused Warn winch, Poison Spider bumper and spare tire delete, which I will sell cheap when I replace rear bumper with new and tire carrier for spare, seems crazy not to have a spare. Many other little upgrades like pillar mounted grab handles and dealer sourced rubber floor mats. Everything looks professionally installed and done right.

Would have like to have found one totally stock and done it myself, but factor in the upgrades and I got a 2014 with 25000 miles for roughly $17 grand, couldn't touch anything close plus I got the 1/2 doors I wanted.

So, new gears,lockers,axles, flip kit, bumper and maybe some aftermarket sliders and I'll be set the way I want it.

I'd say that's a pretty good price all things considered. Sounds like it was a solid buy with a lot of nice parts on it. Great find!

Reactions: ohiopatriot