Need an impact

P

P man

My old Mac tools (rebranded dewalt) is getting weak. Time to upgrade. Here is what I want

I want 1/2 inch drive

I want a gun that will either remove the bolt or break it I don't care.

Has to be battery powered

I dont care about price

I want it to be dependable.

I'm team red but will go with whatever has the most oommphhh

I haven't met a job yet that my M18 Fuel mid-torque couldn't handle. The day I do, I'll buy the high-torque to go along with it. I've used "comparable" Snap On, Ryobi, Dewalt, and Ridgid, and the Milwaukee just performs better and has better batteries.

That said, for the money, I'll probably buy a Ridgid to leave in the jeep for tire changes and such without caring whether or not it gets stolen. But for all other purposes, my M18 Fuel stuff is my go-to.

The mid torque says 650lb-ft. Haven't had to really bust anything since I got mine three weeks ago but if it really does that, it ought to shear off anything I'm likely to use it on.

Reactions: P man and PNW_LJ
I'm asking if that is the part number you were talking about dummy..let me keep looking

I mentioned 3 different Milwaukee products in that post..

If you're asking about the new 1/2" High Torque, that one is 2967-20.

Reactions: P man
I haven't met a job yet that my M18 Fuel mid-torque couldn't handle.

You just haven't worked on enough rust-buckets, yet. I've had some large-diameter, rusted suspension bolts that my M18 Fuel high-torque wouldn't touch, even with heat and lots of Kroil - that's why I also have a 3/4" drive pneumatic gun.

Reactions: P man and mrblaine
I mentioned 3 different Milwaukee products in that post..

If you're asking about the new 1/2" High Torque, that one is 2967-20.

I have the 2767 and my biggest complaint is the weight with a battery (I'm old and have bad shoulders, elbow, knees and toes, knees and toes). When Milwaukee announced the new 2967, and I saw how much smaller it was, I assumed it would be lighter, and I was waiting for a good price (they are now finally coming down off MSRP on those). However, I recently compared weights. It is exactly the same weight as the previous gen. I'm no longer shopping for one. :(

By the way, I've found that Milwaukee changes the second digit of the part number with generational updates (i.e., 2767 became 2967), but they skip digits because the number corresponds to calendar year, and they don't update every each tool every year. I don't know how consistent this is, though.

Reactions: PNW_LJ and P man
I have the 2767 and my biggest complaint is the weight with a battery (I'm old and have bad shoulders, elbow, knees and toes, knees and toes). When Milwaukee announced the new 2967, and I saw how much smaller it was, I assumed it would be lighter, and I was waiting for a good price (they are now finally coming down off MSRP on those). However, I recently compared weights. It is exactly the same weight as the previous gen. I'm no longer shopping for one. :(

By the way, I've found that Milwaukee changes the second digit of the part number with generational updates (i.e., 2767 became 2967), but they skip digits because the number corresponds to calendar year, and they don't update every each tool every year. I don't know how consistent this is, though.

I have the 2767, it is quite big. My brother got the mid torque and it pretty much does everything you need. I use the 3/8" most of the time anyway so I don't hate having the high torque when necessary.

You just haven't worked on enough rust-buckets, yet. I've had some large-diameter, rusted suspension bolts that my M18 Fuel high-torque wouldn't touch, even with heat and lots of Kroil - that's why I also have a 3/4" drive pneumatic gun.

While not rusted stuff, I have run into a few, a scant few, but still some that the big one wouldn't break loose. The mid torque is for when the standard 3/8 Fuel impact can't quite get it done due to needing an extension.

Do not get the mid torque, get the highest rated 1/2" they offer now and don't get too many of the 6.0 Forge batteries. The 8.0 Forge is on the way and will be better in the bigger demand stuff.

Mr. Blaine, you've likely saved me some money. I've been eyeing the 6.0 Forge batteries since introduction, and looking for prices to drop. Like the new 2967, they are finally starting to drop, and I've been looking at them. I didn't know about the 8.0 Forge on the way, so I'll hold off for now. Thanks for the heads-up!

The mid torque is for when the standard 3/8 Fuel impact can't quite get it done due to needing an extension.

I'm sure you're well aware, but a tight-fitting extension versus one that's been abused can make a difference, too.