• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Need help finding part number or supplier for parking brake component

Brian83

TJ Enthusiast
I'm trying to track down a parking brake lever from inside the passenger side drum brake assembly off of a Dana 35. It's the part the parking brake cable attaches to inside the drum brake assembly. I can't find a part number or a supplier anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?

TJ4Jim

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
This is all the the hardware within the drum assembly.

Reactions: Steel City 06

fizzlebottom

What you're looking for is called the Park Brake Lever.

Part numbers
  • Right side: 4313810
  • Left side: 4313811
eBay and salvage yards, and folks who are swapping rear drums for discs will be your best bet. I had a set a few months ago, but they're long gone now. Good luck with the hunt. If prices and availability are too far out, consider converting to discs for easier future maintenance.

That kit doesn't have the parking brake lever. I don't think it was ever meant to be a replaced part, and isn't included in any drum brake hardware kits I've seen.

Reactions: Brian83
OP
Brian83

Brian83

TJ Enthusiast
What you're looking for is called the Park Brake Lever.

Part numbers
  • Right side: 4313810
  • Left side: 4313811
eBay and salvage yards, and folks who are swapping rear drums for discs will be your best bet. I had a set a few months ago, but they're long gone now. Good luck with the hunt. If prices and availability are too far out, consider converting to discs for easier future maintenance.
Thank you.

OP
Brian83

Brian83

TJ Enthusiast

It's not included in any of those kits.

TJ4Jim

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
OP
Brian83

Brian83

TJ Enthusiast
If that's the case I would reach out to Daveys Jeeps, do a parts request as they do not list all available parts.

Tried them, no luck. I've found fully loaded take off backing plates on eBay for $70. That may be my only option if I can't find anything local.

TJ4Jim

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Tried them, no luck. I've found fully loaded take off backing plates on eBay for $70. That may be my only option if I can't find anything local.
Could also try Ray's Wranglers or Collins Bros, both have salvage parts or hit Craigslist and FB Marketplace for a part out.