Need Help With Lower Control Arm Sizing

Unless you are trying to do some JeepSpeed stuff or some rock bouncing you really do not want or need the extra weight or hassle of trussing the axles. Adding control arm skids, weld washers and gussets to control arm mounts are all that is required.

Cool that you are getting some shop credit for working on your ride. Since it is involving actual frame repair your money would be best served investing in some of the frame repair sections that are available. That way you can get everything returned back to where it is to begin with. Then take some time to get out and use it. As your skills increase the Jeep will tell you what you need to modify next.

Thats all very useful information, i greatly appreciate your time.

So I think im not going to worry about changing my arms then, although I do still want to experiment with the rear triangulation for the uppers. Ill take more measurements but with packaging it definitely sounds like ill need a body lift.

Ill look at some more threads about gusseting and suspension, and focus more on my inner C’s and mounts, and ill do more research on suspension geometry since im clearly just getting into it.

I think you just answered all my questions, so again, thank you!

Thats all very useful information, i greatly appreciate your time.

So I think im not going to worry about changing my arms then, although I do still want to experiment with the rear triangulation for the uppers. Ill take more measurements but with packaging it definitely sounds like ill need a body lift.

Ill look at some more threads about gusseting and suspension, and focus more on my inner C’s and mounts, and ill do more research on suspension geometry since im clearly just getting into it.

I think you just answered all my questions, so again, thank you!

So there are companies out there that wishbone the upper links https://full-traction.com/detail.php?b=1&m=3&t=4&p=678#n and this does help in some aspects but they all have one problem. They do not address that you need to raise the frame side mount some and reinforce it or you end up with not as good geometry and torn brackets from the frame. Which at that point means you have wasted time and money.

So there are companies out there that wishbone the upper links https://full-traction.com/detail.php?b=1&m=3&t=4&p=678#n and this does help in some aspects but they all have one problem. They do not address that you need to raise the frame side mount some and reinforce it or you end up with not as good geometry and torn brackets from the frame. Which at that point means you have wasted time and money.

Okay, ill look into those a little, but either way I go im doing more research on antisquat. Ive nailed down how to calculate my instant center and a little on how antisquat actually works but Im still relatively clueless, clearly...

Im gonna treat the rear triangulation as getting my feet wet in suspension geometry, I feel that its more manageable and a better learning curve than building a whole 4 link(and cheaper). Thank you for being patient, your clear cut and respectful answers helped me quit being stubborn.

I might go with something like that to make one less mount to service, but id definitely need to reinforce the brackets. Im doing the front first so ill have some time to research.