Need some help with 3 fixes

Joeinnewjersey

TJ Enthusiast
Would like to make these changes now that the temps have cooled down.

Image 1 (fog light connector): was able to score some OEM fog lights to replace the aftermarket ones that came on my jeep. However the two connectors match and I’m lost as to what to do here. I’m not too good with electric.
Image 2 (fog light bracket): the nut that holds the bolt is seized and I can’t move it. Any advice?
Image 3 (clasp for hood): would like to remove this to repaint, but the bottom part just spins, I guess that nut is also seized.

E386EABD-937C-447E-B270-AB06ACADA6B7.jpeg

42191B68-0062-4810-A4AD-63A6E0695C5F.jpeg

5C9AE21E-F7C0-41FF-8AA2-F728A24AD52F.jpeg

Would like to make these changes now that the temps have cooled down.

Image 1 (fog light connector): was able to score some OEM fog lights to replace the aftermarket ones that came on my jeep. However the two connectors match and I’m lost as to what to do here. I’m not too good with electric.
Image 2 (fog light bracket): the nut that holds the bolt is seized and I can’t move it. Any advice?
Image 3 (clasp for hood): would like to remove this to repaint, but the bottom part just spins, I guess that nut is also seized.

View attachment 274763

View attachment 274764

View attachment 274765
For #1, I'm not quite getting it from the pic. Are you saying the stock fog light plug that's up under the fender by the turn signal light has been altered ? or are you saying the stock OEM fog light plug is not fitting into the stock OEM harness plug ?
Ray

Reactions: Joeinnewjersey
Jeep reversed the connectors for some stupid reason, I think in 2005, so if you have new lights they wont plug in. You can buy connectors or just hard wire them. For the bolts I'd get some good rust penetrant and let it soak for awhile. You'll find plenty of seized bolts on the Jeep, it's worth it.

Jeep reversed the connectors for some stupid reason, I think in 2005, so if you have new lights they wont plug in. You can buy connectors or just hard wire them. For the bolts I'd get some good rust penetrant and let it soak for awhile. You'll find plenty of seized bolts on the Jeep, it's worth it.
Thank you very much.

For #1, I'm not quite getting it from the pic. Are you saying the stock fog light plug that's up under the fender by the turn signal light has been altered ? or are you saying the stock OEM fog light plug is not fitting into the stock OEM harness plug ?
Ray
Well, the lights that I want to put on have a connector on them. The wire that is coming out of the jeep also has a connector. They are both the same connector. I guess it would be two female connectors.

Well, the lights that I want to put on have a connector on them. The wire that is coming out of the jeep also has a connector. They are both the same connector. I guess it would be two female connectors.
That makes sense with what pagrey said about the change. Mine is an 06, and the new fogs I bought a few years ago fit with no issues. If you want to connect without hacking up your wires, maybe see if the jeep dealer can get the male connectors so you can change those. Or find a way to tap in.
Ray

Reactions: pagrey
Use Kroil on the nut and bolt combo or simply use a cut off wheel or Dremel. Freeze off pb blaster liquid wrench are all a distant second to kroil. I've removed axle nuts by merely spraying kroil for a few days.

I've also heard acetone and atf4 work well but haven't tried it myself.

Reactions: Joeinnewjersey
You'll get used to frozen nuts and bolts. Start with the penetrating methods the others notes. Always good to treat them a few days or a week before a project if you know they are rusted. You can always try using heat in areas that are safe to do so.

Being in the Northeast inevitably there are those they will not break loose, break off, strip, or just spin. Cutoff wheels, grinders, a good set of drill bits, Dremel, sawzall will be your best friend.

You'll get used to frozen nuts and bolts. Start with the penetrating methods the others notes. Always good to treat them a few days or a week before a project if you know they are rusted. You can always try using heat in areas that are safe to do so.

Being in the Northeast inevitably there are those they will not break loose, break off, strip, or just spin. Cutoff wheels, grinders, a good set of drill bits, Dremel, sawzall will be your best friend.
Thanks