Need suggestions on a quieter street tire

Well I just purchased a 2005 LJ with a 4inch lift and 35x12.5x15 tires. The jeep has the 3.73 rear. I’d like to drop down to 33’s with a more road friendly quieter tire. I have 35’inch Mickey Thompson’s on there now and they are a heavy loud tire. This LJ will not be seeing off road and it’s a low mileage 60k Queen. I just need a nice quieter street tire.
Any suggestions?

When I bought my jeep, it was freshly clad in Toyo "open country" shoes. I added almost 20K miles and the damn things look barely used. Here's the kicker. I went out and tried my damnedest to get stuck in all terrains. And I did, but only once, as I buried up to my axle's in snow. Still got out on my own, but a bit of a challenge.
Now I buy those same tires for all my fleet rigs. Great tire, handles everything I throw at it, and very long lasting.
Also, cant really hear 'em going down the road.

Reactions: John Cooper
For a 33x12.5x15 tire , I’m looking at some pro comp all black steel wheel 15x8’s. Is there a back spacing I need to know? I think these are made with two backspacing offers...

Rained heavy to day and my Falken Wildpeak AT3w,s made less noise than my wife's Hyundai street tire make!
I am sold on them. :)

I am running 31x10.5r15 KO2s for the last 1.5 month. I am happy with them. They seem to be quiet, I have no problem with them. Soft top is louder in high speeds.

For a 33x12.5x15 tire , I’m looking at some pro comp all black steel wheel 15x8’s. Is there a back spacing I need to know? I think these are made with two backspacing offers...
Pass on the steel wheels! They're heavy, rust, and dent easily. There are good, reasonable aluminum alternatives out there.

Reactions: DaveC
A few mentions of the Firestone Destination A/T. I have the X/T, which I think is intended to be an updated version of the A/T. Mine are 31x10.5 and they are super quiet.

I do prefer the look of the KO2s I used to run. I think my next tires will be 33x10.5 KO2s.

1620497551546.jpeg

What rims are you running!!??
Vision 531 Sport Lite. They look almost like steelies but they are aluminum.

There’s a thread where I was asking questions about them before.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/vision-531-sport-lite-wheel-question.26744/
1620500472714.jpeg

At first I bought Mamba wheels but then they wouldn’t fit with the locking hub kit I wanted so I bought these. The Mambas are for sell in NorCal if anyone is interested.

I really like the backspacing at 4.5” because the locking hub kit pushing the wheels out a further 0.75”.

I’m not a huge fan of the glossy look of these but my kids think they’re awesome

Reactions: Good Hope
So I went from the 35x12.5x15 Deegan MTs to a 33x12.5x15 general grabber and !!!!! They are seriously the same size. Almost exactly the same height. So…. Wtf. Will a 31 inch grabber be that much shorter?

Reactions: John Cooper
So I went from the 35x12.5x15 Deegan MTs to a 33x12.5x15 general grabber and !!!!! They are seriously the same size. Almost exactly the same height. So…. Wtf. Will a 31 inch grabber be that much shorter?

Sorry to hear that. The Deegan 35s are listed as 34.7 inches. If they are worn, they can start to close in on the new 33s. Also, check your air pressure. The shop may have filled it to max PSI.

I also feel like the tires I have on there now may be a tad too big. Just seem heavy on the road.

That problem is you don't have the right gears to run the larger tires. I have the same 3.73 setup with 31s and it is barely adequate.

There must be hundreds of posts on here that all agree. 35in tires need 5.13 gears.