Need to get a replacement key for Bestop soft doors

Mac

Supporting Member
I lost my key to my "Best Top" soft doors. Any suggestions or advise would be helpful. The locks seem to be simple cabinet file type - cylinder mechanism locks. Not JEEP door locks. I have not removed them from the Doors yet.... Not sure I wanted to until I had a plan to replace or get re-keyed.

I lost my key to my "Best Top" soft doors. Any suggestions or advise would be helpful. The locks seem to be simple cabinet file type - cylinder mechanism locks. Not JEEP door locks. I have not removed them from the Doors yet.... Not sure I wanted to until I had a plan to replace or get re-keyed.
You should be able to buy replacement locks on amazon.

Contact Bestop, they might be able to help you too. Some locks have a number on them and they might be able to match a key for you.

You should be able to buy replacement locks on amazon.
I will try amazon - after I get the lock mechanism out of a door. I really have NOT done anything except started to go crazy looking EVERYWHERE for those Darn keys ! And send a email to some suppliers with out any real help. Thanks.

Contact Bestop, they might be able to help you too. Some locks have a number on them and they might be able to match a key for you.
I do not remember where I bought the doors - years ago when I got my Jeep I think I bought them from J C Whitney not sure if they are still in business. But I will try Best Top directly - some of the suppliers other than JCW have not been much help. Thanks for you advice. I will contact them right after CHURCH tomorrow !

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I do not remember where I bought the doors - years ago when I got my Jeep I think I bought them from J C Whitney not sure if they are still in business. But I will try Best Top directly - some of the suppliers other than JCW have not been much help. Thanks for you advice. I will contact them right after CHURCH tomorrow !
I don’t know know a lot about those specific doors or locks, I’m just thinking maybe a code might might be on the cylinder like in the picture below. If so, hopefully Bestop can get you the key you need. You may have to purchase them, but I can’t imagine it would cost a lot. You never know, they might just send you set for free.

A locksmith might be able to insert a tool that tells them what to cut on a blank key also.

6DED817C-85CA-4E48-89BC-327746E4F935.jpeg

thank
I don’t know know a lot about those specific doors or locks, I’m just thinking maybe a code might might be on the cylinder like in the picture below. If so, hopefully Bestop can get you the key you need. You may have to purchase them, but I can’t imagine it would cost a lot. You never know, they might just send you set for free.

A locksmith might be able to insert a tool that tells them what to cut on a blank key also.

View attachment 242722

Thanks so very much... I did send an email to Bestop and I am sure Monday they will return my note.. However, I will call them any way. Thanks for taking the time to send me a pic. YES, that is just what my Keys looked like (and lock) - I was able to get one out of the door. I intend to make a bunch of calls tomorrow. I really do not want to use the doors without the keys. They are supper easy to take them if they are not locked. The lock does help give me a piece of mind but I know if someone really needs them more than I do.. they will be gone! I have had them for 10 years and they seem to be part of my JEEP. Thank you again for your advise, will take it.

I will try amazon - after I get the lock mechanism out of a door. I really have NOT done anything except started to go crazy looking EVERYWHERE for those Darn keys ! And send a email to some suppliers with out any real help. Thanks.
Thanks, I tried Amazon but I really did not fine any kind of a replacement. I am contacting Bestop and I will try to find a lock smith in our area. Thanks again.

Best bet if you have a local lock shop, they’ll slide a key stick in and go cut a key for about $25 bucks.

Reactions: Mac
Thanks, I tried Amazon but I really did not fine any kind of a replacement. I am contacting Bestop and I will try to find a lock smith in our area. Thanks again.
I did get the Lock assembly out of the door and I am now trying to get a lock Smith in the area to give it a try. I did send an email to BESTOP and waiting for their reply.. I might have a BUNCH of keys before the Summer.. GOD knows I will need them!

Thanks so very much... I did send an email to Bestop and I am sure Monday they will return my note.. However, I will call them any way. Thanks for taking the time to send me a pic. YES, that is just what my Keys looked like (and lock) - I was able to get one out of the door. I intend to make a bunch of calls tomorrow. I really do not want to use the doors without the keys. They are supper easy to take them if they are not locked. The lock does help give me a piece of mind but I know if someone really needs them more than I do.. they will be gone! I have had them for 10 years and they seem to be part of my JEEP. Thank you again for your advise, will take it.
Thanks - I got the assembly out of the door and found the number on the front for reference at BESTOP - but I am looking to get a local Lock SMITH to look at it.. I may get a BUNCH of keys for my locks before SUMMER - and GOD knows I need them... Thanks for you help.

View attachment 242722

WOW! ! ! No luck with LOCK SMITH or BESTOP.... I was able to purchase exact replacement from TRACTOR SUPPLY -

"DEE ZEE" Tool Box Replacement Lock cylinder are the same exact replacement ITEMS.... Thanks you all for your help and support.

That sucks that the locksmith and Bestop couldn't help but awesome that Tractor Supply came through. 👍

Reactions: Mac
WOW! ! ! No luck with LOCK SMITH or BESTOP.... I was able to purchase exact replacement from TRACTOR SUPPLY -

"DEE ZEE" Tool Box Replacement Lock cylinder are the same exact replacement ITEMS.... Thanks you all for your help and support.

Hey Mac, same issue after buying a set of Bestop half doors with no keys (unlocked of course, and really good price ahah).
Are you referring to this item?
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/dee-zee-toolbox-replacement-lock-w-keys?cm_vc=-10005
From Italy I can only buy this on Amazon, just found on it :):)