Needing a new seat

Eddie Greenlee

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Needing a new seat, and I saw this one in quadratic. Would you know if this is a good , comfortable seat ? Will it fit onto my seat frame ? I‘m thinking about a 3 point harness , but I will need a cross bar. Obviously there’s a lot more to installing a 3 point harness than buying a seat and harness.

72CFABF3-FEB4-4462-8635-F88F83A18EE1.jpg

Be aware that a lot of racing style harnesses are not safe for on-road use without head and neck restraints. The only DOT compliant aftermarket harness I know of is the 4-point Schroth harness. Other racing harnesses don’t allow the body to move around, and yet don’t sufficiently restrain the head when used without head and neck restraints, which can result in neck and whiplash injuries especially in frontal and high speed collisions.

You could run an aftermarket harness off-road and keep the factory 3-point harness for on-road.

Last edited:
When I bought my TJR, the prior owner had replaced the front seats with Smittybilt ones. The lift and tumble was about impossible to use.
I went here: https://car-part.com and found a junkyard in Minnesota that had two complete seats with no rips, correct fabric and color for the year, shipped to me for $250. Damn happy with them. Look good and function correctly.

Be aware that a lot of racing style harnesses are not safe for on-road use without head and neck restraints. The only DOT compliant aftermarket harness I know of is the 4-point Schroth harness. Other racing harnesses don’t allow the body to move around, and yet don’t sufficiently restrain the head when used without head and neck restraints, which can result in neck and whiplash injuries especially in frontal and high speed collisions.

You could run an aftermarket harness off-road and keep the factory 3-point harness for on-road.
Did the picture not show up ? Is that what you mean by the link?

I had those seats in my 4 runner. It’s the only suspension seat I ever owned so, please keep that in mind.
I liked them. Found them to be comfortable. Even on long drives. Drove from OC to the Rubicon. Didn’t bother my back one bit. And that was on leafs springs!
The seats are great, harness get annoying after a while.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
I had those seats in my 4 runner. It’s the only suspension seat I ever owned so, please keep that in mind.
I liked them. Found them to be comfortable. Even on long drives. Drove from OC to the Rubicon. Didn’t bother my back one bit. And that was on leafs springs!
The seats are great, harness get annoying after a while.
are you saying you had the seat from PRP ( Daily Driver ) or from quadratec ( Corbeau )?

If I recall correctly, @Jerry Bransford has the PRP seats and can probably provide a recommendation.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ortable-seats-with-prp-suspension-seats.9905/
From what I understand they’re made to order, so you can get any color and option combination. I believe they have wide and tall models, and options like seat heaters.
Yes PRP makes their seats to order, you custom order them however you want them built. Just make sure not to use piping between the seams as I did as the piping doesn't take long to start showing wear. In fact nearly 7 years later only the piping is showing signs of wear, though my Jeep is no longer a daily driver.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee