Neighbor purchased this '97 TJ

Looks like I might be seeing @CharlesHS on an episode of my favorite TV show soon. šŸ˜¬
p.s. True stories of crazy stuff neighbors do when they don't get along.

1666476734430.png

• Haha
Reactions: Irun and CharlesHS
UPDATE:

The neighbor stopped by yesterday afternoon advising me he purchased insurance for the Jeep and had inquired with the Insurance Agent about FULL REPLACEMENT if the Jeep gets damaged beyond repair.
The Insurance Agent quoted him the Blue Book ($7500) for the year of his Jeep which wasn't near the purchased price ($20,000).
The neighbors asked about replacement value of the added components and modifications on the Jeep to which the Agent said, "Give me a List".
This is where I come in.....
Neighbor asks if I would look a the Jeep to create a list of components.
I reminded the neighbor the insurance company may want receipts for the list of components and modifications provided; the neighbor said he will provide pictures.
My experience from years ago is the Insurance Adjuster wanted receipts.
Not sure I want to go to the trouble of creating a detailed parts list (some parts used are unknown) since I remember the last time I did this neighbor a favor.

UPDATE:

The neighbor stopped by yesterday afternoon advising me he purchased insurance for the Jeep and had inquired with the Insurance Agent about FULL REPLACEMENT if the Jeep gets damaged beyond repair.
The Insurance Agent quoted him the Blue Book ($7500) for the year of his Jeep which wasn't near the purchased price ($20,000).
The neighbors asked about replacement value of the added components and modifications on the Jeep to which the Agent said, "Give me a List".
This is where I come in.....
Neighbor asks if I would look a the Jeep to create a list of components.
I reminded the neighbor the insurance company may want receipts for the list of components and modifications provided; the neighbor said he will provide pictures.
My experience from years ago is the Insurance Adjuster wanted receipts.
Not sure I want to go to the trouble of creating a detailed parts list (some parts used are unknown) since I remember the last time I did this neighbor a favor.

It's starting to sound like this will be a trend. I'd be asking him what he reported the sales price as when he registered it. If he didn't report $20K, then he's putting himself in a bad place by telling insurance he paid a different price than he reported.

It's starting to sound like this will be a trend. I'd be asking him what he reported the sales price as when he registered it. If he didn't report $20K, then he's putting himself in a bad place by telling insurance he paid a different price than he reported.

Iā€™m not sure what someone paid (over or under value) is relevant to its actual cash value including ā€œupgradesā€, even with respect to insurance coverage.