New 2004 LJ - How'd I do?

Smokinjeep

So I already have a new built 2019 Jeep JLUR. I was recently in LA on business and made the mistake of looking at craigslist....and....well I ended up buying a 2004 LJ with the following upgrades professionally intstalled:
4" rubicon lift
rancho shocks
regeard 4.56
eaton lockers front and rear
aftermarket hard top
5 new 33" goodyear tires
tow bar
59K miles
ZERO Rust.

I live in MN and its impossible to find a Jeep this clean in MN. If I were to build a jeep I'd have done it exactly like this guy did. Cant think of anything I'd add for a mild offroad rig. So how'd I do?

pickup_inspection_photo_611f16b0-7596-49ae-85b6-cca68d9e3976.jpg

Last edited:
I suppose it depends on what you paid, but if it’s rust free, that’s about as good as you can get.

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Reactions: AndyG
Looks like you did good and enjoy driving around in that JLUR while you eat, drink, and breathe all that is TJ. Welcome to the forum.

Prior to most issues that the 05 and 06 have. IE, 6 speed transmission issues w/reverse, automatic transmission issues, PCM issues (not a matter of if, but when), and a host of smaller issues most of which are more an annoyance than anything.

Sweet! Now I’m even more happy for this find. Just need to find more room to store this next to my 19 JLUR 😀

View attachment 141924
Here is where our forum stands out -

We want you to be happy and have room for that LJ , so we are sending a cashier's check for 14,000 and picking up that JLUR , so that way you have room, a free LJ , and your wife can't throw the "why do you need 2 anyway?" Line at you .

The TJ forum - making marriages stronger , garages less crowded , and members financially better off.

It's what we do.

We want you to be happy and have room for that LJ , so we are sending a cashier's check for 14,000 and picking up that JLUR , so that way you have room, a free LJ , and your wife can't throw the "why do you need 2 anyway?" Line at you .

The TJ forum - making marriages stronger , garages less crowded , and members financially better off.

It's what we do.
Lol. I doubt 14k would cover the mods I have into the JLUR.

Lol. I doubt 14k would cover the mods I have into the JLUR.
I bet ...it looks incredible . One of the best blues I've seen on the market in years as well. Those are nice rides, and the 8 speed auto was a real good move for FCA.

It's what we do.

My check bounced. The wife is pissed. And there's a hole in my heart. (And the garage) Who do I talk to?