New 2004 LJ (Judy)

ALScott

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Brought her home home yesterday a 1.5 hour drive. Named her Judy! Not nearly as loud as I thought it would be and the top is a disaster. Back window won't zip closed. She drives good and wife loves it. Anyway, something weird - each time I drive it a bit and park it a big wet spot appears. I don't think it's anything that matters. It doesn't have any lubricity to it, no smell, feels like water. Got one thing out of the way today. Put on a new valve cover gasket and replaced pcv valves and their grommets. Took three hours almost to the minute. Also, picked up 2.0 inch Rock Krawler springs. Tomorrow going to change oil and differential fluids. May do spark plugs too. Thanks for everyone's help!!! I am certain the invaluable info on here helped me pick a good one!!!

Welcome to the forum! First,

This thread is worthless without pics

And as far as a puddle under your Jeep goes, you might want to note what area of the undercarriage that puddle is coming from. It could be a leak of sorts.

Congrats on your new toy!

Reactions: DrDmoney
First Jeep?
I find that most first timers aren't use to being able to see under their vehicle. All vehicles drip (AC) water, you just never noticed it.
Agreed. It's the AC condenser usually, just like your house has.

I've seen this LJ in person. It's straight, clean and perfect underneath. Hasn't been painted on above or below . I'm expecting good things on this one.

Last edited:
First Jeep?
I find that most first timers aren't use to being able to see under their vehicle. All vehicles drip (AC) water, you just never noticed it.
Nope. I know that condensation builds up and leaves all vehicles via drain. Only driven trucks and LR's, & LC.

I had barely run the AC on both instances. I will try not running it at all and see if it appears.

If it's not running hot and you don't smell coolant you're not going to have much of a problem... Normally you'll see that on the right side about where your feet are maybe a foot forward straight down....You could also have some water accumulated in the cow and it's blowing out say for instance a dirt dauber plugged up the cowl drain.

If it's not running hot and you don't smell coolant you're not going to have much of a problem... Normally you'll see that on the right side about where your feet are maybe a foot forward straight down....You could also have some water accumulated in the cow and it's blowing out as you drive say for instance a dirt dauber plugged up the cowl drain.