SOLD New 4” Currie rear springs (for LJs or heavy TJs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WSS

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Price
Here is a pair of Currie/rock jock springs. Part number CE-9131 RH3. These are 4" lift LJ or heavy TJ springs. They ride nice but too much squat and I put my RE springs back in after the first trip. Maybe 30 miles on these.

IMG_3213_zpsk7xowpao.jpg

https://www.rockjock4x4.com/CE-9131RH3P
$125 pick up in South Ontario.

Depending on if you want to ship or cost to ship, I might be interested.

Same, if sudo passes.

Also curious about your results. What actual lift did they produce that you weren't satisfied with, and what do you have in the back end that was too much weight?

Same, if sudo passes.

Also curious about your results. What actual lift did they produce that you weren't satisfied with, and what do you have in the back end that was too much weight?
Also curious on this point. I've been trying to find what lift the springs actually net.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
The ride is nice, I have RE 5" springs that net about 4.25" with the added weight I have on the rear of my TJ. The extra load is gas, water, 35" spare, cooler, fire extinguisher, etc. I just put a soft top on and that gained me 1/4".

With the Currie springs, I had hoped the spec of "heavy TJ" would get me level. They did not. If they were 5" lift springs, they would probably have worked. The ride was exceptional but the shock bias was 5-7, with the RE springs they were 5.5-6.5, after changing the rear rack and lightening up, it is were I had hoped at 6-6. If you have a 4" lift and a rear spare swingout, these are probably the way to go.

Went from this:

IMG_5862_zps9i9t3k7cA_zpsye27wb6g.jpg

To this:

IMG_4533_zps87meefja.jpg

I shed over 50lbs on the back with the smaller rack and soft cooler, plus the cans are 4gl instead of 6gl. Still trying to lighten it up, but we enjoy the bbqs and picnics LOL.

I run these springs on my TJ, and also frequently load up hundreds of pounds of crap. Consider an Air Lift kit. Soft ride and level when unloaded, firm ride and level when loaded

How do you like the pelican cooler? What size is it.

I'm looking for one that will fit on the passenger floor board and stillbretain ice after a couple days.
It holds ice as they claim. It is very durable and seals up good. The main complaint is the zipper is hard to operate. I need to put some zipper lube on the zipper track to see if it loosens up. Not really a big deal for me but the fam finds it annoying.

It is a 25qt/24 can size. To me it is perfect for the trail. I was running a 20qt pelican hard cooler, too heavy and the 5 extra quarts comes in handy on the soft cooler. The 20qt is still my go to for the pick up truck. For multi day trips, I will leave the hard cooler back at the truck and refill the soft cooler the next day, etc.

How did the springs work out?

Status
Not open for further replies.