New alignment tool

I have used a few pieces of square aluminum tube clamped to my rotors to set my toe. I had them marked to the diameter of my tire as well as a center line. That way I could measure the toe and set it at the proper amount. When using one of the pre-made tools that is shorter in length than the diameter of my tire, I know there is some math involved to get the right toe for different tire sizes.

Edited for clarification of my question: When the measuring points on the tool are less than diameter of the tire (like the tool that started this thread) you will need to adjust the math. For example: if you have a 24” tool with 12” protruding forward and backwards from the centerline of the axle and you set the toe at 1/4” (using the extremes of the tool) and then put on a 48” tire, you will have 1/2 of toe, not 1/4 right? I know the example of a 48” tire is extreme but it easily illustrates my question..

Last edited:
The toe DOES NOT CHANGE for different tire sizes.

The difference between the front and rear measurement changes depending on how far from center you are measuring. See post #10 above, where the math has been done for 24" and 36".