New battery

Hunter Rich

TJ Enthusiast
Jumped in the jeep to go to work at 0445 the jeep didn't sound very enthusiastic. Murrr, murrr, mu... i had seen it coming, that slight hesitation when starting in the am or after work, 2 days ago it didn't hardly turn over but then caught enough to ignite the 87 octane pushed through the injectors. So i borrowed the wifes car (she was none to happy) and used it as an excuse to leave work early! Early being after 8 hrs instead of 12. Went to O'Reilly and picked up a super start platinum agm. Installed and varoom! Started right up. Let her run for a bit and now we'll see what happens at 0430 Saturday...

200.gif

I got an AGM from O'Reilly's a few weeks ago.

Great to know they have an affordable option too. I got a 34AGM from Autozone awhile back but it's getting old and I like O'Reilly better. What size, did you get a 34?
Yes, 34. it was 199 plus 22 core which i will get back today.

Reactions: pagrey
I threw a Optima yellow top in mine the other day. I like the extra juice for the winch JIC.

-Mac
Next time go with nearly anything but Optima. Their formerly sterling reputation and longevity took a major nosedive after they were purchased by Johnson Controls who moved their entire manufacturing line to Mexico several years ago. I had very premature failures on two Yellow Tops and one Blue Top which has the same internals as the Yellow Top.