New Foot Study

There’s zero good reason they cost more than a new car.

What new car cost $20K anymore? Do you know how much a computerized knee costs? They are $60K just for the knee and then it still needs a foot & socket.
I ain't gunna argue with you about how much shit should COST since I have no idea what the materials cost to make one or the level of expertise required to assemble one. It's sort of like people who bitch about the cost to have their car repaired when the shop rate is $200 per hour.
I know the skill required to make the socket is extensive since a lot of people I've talked with who had a socket made by someone new didn't fit correctly. And this ain't like changing out your shoes casue they hurt your foot.

Reactions: sideproject
What new car cost $20K anymore? Do you know how much a computerized knee costs? They are $60K just for the knee and then it still needs a foot & socket.
I ain't gunna argue with you about how much shit should COST since I have no idea what the materials cost to make one or the level of expertise required to assemble one. It's sort of like people who bitch about the cost to have their car repaired when the shop rate is $200 per hour.
I know the skill required to make the socket is extensive since a lot of people I've talked with who had a socket made by someone new didn't fit correctly. And this ain't like changing out your shoes casue they hurt your foot.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g39175084/10-cheapest-new-cars-in-2022/

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
Still not the point. You can get around without a car but as an amputee especially if you're bi-lateral without your prosthetics you are confined to a wheelchair. So I'd say they are worth more than a car.

My point is those costs are stupid. And I understand they don’t have the economies of scale as cars or computers like your cell phone.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Wildman
My point is those costs are stupid. And I understand they don’t have the economies of scale as cars or computers like your cell phone.

What do you THINK they should cost? In today's economy with a skilled tech making $35 per hour what should they cost? Not sure WHY you are fixated on this but OK.

What do you THINK they should cost? In today's economy with a skilled tech making $35 per hour what should they cost? Not sure WHY you are fixated on this but OK.

You fixated on it when you showed concern for those that don’t get theirs paid for. I’m simply responding to your comments that it’s stupid expensive in comparison to other things. Everything medical is expensive and I blame that on insurance.

In my experience with anything medical, there's a whole lot of money in the price (what you pay) of things that doesn't go into the cost (what it cost to perform/produce).

Example, my son had surgery to repair an airway defect at 5 weeks old. I know what nurses make and had a pretty good grasp on how much time they spent on us, I know the cost of what drugs they administered, and I know from the bill that the surgeon that performed the surgery made $1200; and most importantly I know it shouldn't add up to $70,000.

You fixated on it when you showed concern for those that don’t get theirs paid for. I’m simply responding to your comments that it’s stupid expensive in comparison to other things. Everything medical is expensive and I blame that on insurance.

I was just sharing what had happened and that I'd worn out my foot in approximately 3 years. And yes I showed concern for those who have to try and figure out how do I pay for something that cost so much. Blame whomever you want but it doesn't fix the issue.

In my experience with anything medical, there's a whole lot of money in the price (what you pay) of things that doesn't go into the cost (what it cost to perform/produce).

Example, my son had surgery to repair an airway defect at 5 weeks old. I know what nurses make and had a pretty good grasp on how much time they spent on us, I know the cost of what drugs they administered, and I know from the bill that the surgeon that performed the surgery made $1200; and most importantly I know it shouldn't add up to $70,000.

Yes, I don't remember what the final bill was for amputation but I know it was over $100K. Anytime you say medial it's going to be expensive. And I agree it shouldn't cost that much.

Reactions: reddvltj
Got an appointment with the VA on Wednesday Feb 15 to show them I got my 3 new sockets. Plus going to talk with them about my worn out foot and see about getting a new one. Going to ask if I can trial this microprocessor foot. I've read mixed reviews on it but it's one of the few that are water resistant.

https://www.freedomkinnex.com/

We'll see what the VA says about it and if I do get to test it out on if I'll like it or not.

Just got back from my VA appointment and they are going to allow me to trial one of these microprocessor feet out. Based on their experience they suggested that I trial this foot instead of the Kinnex. They have had better results with the Elan IC https://www.blatchfordmobility.com/en-us/products/feet-ankles/elanic so I guess I'll be testing this one out. Should be interesting.

Reactions: Apparition