New guy, Mr. Blaine, and respect

wmblore

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Being new here it probably means I have this in the wrong area but just wanted to comment on Mr. Blaine.
My wife is pissed that I spend so much time reading on this forum as I try to learn and put together my first Jeep. That being said, you really can’t help but notice not only how knowledgeable and respected Mr. Blaine is but if you pay close attention-he is also hilarious.

I just spent most of the afternoon reading through a bunch of threads and I keep laughing at his one liners and comments.

Thanks for helping me and others and keeping humor alive and well.

I am going back to reading more about how I can spend more money on my Jeep that I do not have.
Mark

I do enjoy this forum, and Blaine's dry sense of humor. Also Jerry Bransford's posts as well.

Forgive me for not being able to remember, but another forum member was installing a soft top on a Jeep, had the right top, but wrong hardware. Had it pulled tight as hell, wouldn't fit. It was raining. Poor guy was having a heck of a time, was new, and the thread several pages long of folks trying to help him.

I think it was Blaine, but could've been Jerry that came along, took one look at the pics in the post, and called it; wrong hardware for the particular soft top. Then went to his parts pile, and found the guy the right parts in a short amount of time. It was awesome reading that...…

I've seen that kind of help and generosity on only one other forum, which is Steel Soldiers. One thing I have learned in life is that you truly don't miss these kinds of guys until they are gone.

Hats off to Blaine and Jerry both, I do enjoy getting on here and soaking up your knowledge.

Reactions: Farmergreg
I hope the bolded was worded wrong. Of course I could be wrong.
Oops. I think you're right. It's the money he does not have, not the Jeep...funny how you can read things wrong...

Maybe:

I am going back to reading more about how I can spend more money that I do not have on my Jeep?

Reactions: wmblore
Grammatical error on my part. You are both correct. I do have the Jeep, money is always in short supply and I do not even have a garage.

Oops. I think you're right. It's the money he does not have, not the Jeep...funny how you can read things wrong...

Maybe:

I am going back to reading more about how I can spend more money that I do not have on my Jeep?
Correct! Thank you.

. . . It's the money he does not have, not the Jeep. . . .

. . . I do have the Jeep, money is always in short supply and I do not even have a garage. . . .

Then perhaps it should read,

"I shall continue to read about how I can spend the money I do not have on my non-garaged jeep."

Reactions: wmblore
Then perhaps it should read,

"I shall continue to read about how I can spend the money I do not have on my non-garaged jeep."
That also works. "No garage", was clarification about "putting a cot in the garage." I can sleep in the jeep that I own and dream about spending money I do not have on it. Those dreams were probably brought on from reading this forum.

I do enjoy this forum, and Blaine's dry sense of humor. Also Jerry Bransford's posts as well.

Forgive me for not being able to remember, but another forum member was installing a soft top on a Jeep, had the right top, but wrong hardware. Had it pulled tight as hell, wouldn't fit. It was raining. Poor guy was having a heck of a time, was new, and the thread several pages long of folks trying to help him.

I think it was Blaine, but could've been Jerry that came along, took one look at the pics in the post, and called it; wrong hardware for the particular soft top. Then went to his parts pile, and found the guy the right parts in a short amount of time. It was awesome reading that...…

I've seen that kind of help and generosity on only one other forum, which is Steel Soldiers. One thing I have learned in life is that you truly don't miss these kinds of guys until they are gone.

Hats off to Blaine and Jerry both, I do enjoy getting on here and soaking up your knowledge.

That was me. Except on top of it he gave me a complete OEM soft top frame for free.