New Jeep owner... need to know parts

20180828_191005.jpg 20180828_191005.jpg 20180828_191149.jpg 20180828_191005.jpg
I don't see anything moving that isn't supposed to be. I can see the video though. Quality could be better :) How do the tie rod ends look right behind the wheels (where the tie rod connects to the knuckle (driver's side) and Pitman arm connect (Pass side). I was hoping to see those in the dry steer test too.
I am totally screwed without having a second pair of hands to video for me. I did take a look at the driver side ball joint they replaced I will attach a couple pictures and you can see where the top of it is not flush one end is 1/8 of an inch higher and at the bottom there is about an eighth of an inch that sticking out the bottom. has this been installed incorrectly or is it supposed to look like this not flush on the top?

View attachment 53330 View attachment 53330 View attachment 53331 View attachment 53330
I am totally screwed without having a second pair of hands to video for me. I did take a look at the driver side ball joint they replaced I will attach a couple pictures and you can see where the top of it is not flush one end is 1/8 of an inch higher and at the bottom there is about an eighth of an inch that sticking out the bottom. has this been installed incorrectly or is it supposed to look like this not flush on the top?
I have tried the grease every grease fitting that I can find in the front end some will take grease some won't I just bought some new new grease fittings. I'm standing here in my garage looking at my Jeep and have no clue what I'm doing. I feel like I won't know anything until I can do the dry steer test which I need some help with. Maybe tomorrow don't give up on me!

Its not going to be a grease problem. From what I can see, your ball joints are pressed in correctly. What is important is that they are tight to the "C" of the axle on the side where the ball joint is, not the back side which looks crooked in your pictures.

Wish I could help more...if you can get some help for the Dry steering test, try to get some better lighting.

It is hard to tell but it appears to me that the tie rod connections are 1) over filled with grease causing to much bulging of the rubber boot (I do this inadvertently quite a bit, "just one more little pump of the gun") 2) they look like they are coming apart, although in the first video they appear to be tight.... It is really hard to evaluate using these videos, your track bar does not show up well in either one.... I would suggest a better video of a dry steer test looking at each end of the track bar (separate videos would probably be best) and also do a dry steer test with the cameras looking at each end of each control arm (there are four, tow top and two bottom, they hold the axle in position)

Reactions: Kelly Butler
X2 on the tire pressure to start. For stock 30” tires, try 28-29 PSI...29 is the OEM recommended tire pressure. We’ve seen many people putting in the max pressure as shown on the sidewall of the tire. This can make a huge difference if you find out you are running 40 psi, and can induce issues like you mentioned.

You gotta give this gal credit ...she ain't afraid to get into it!

Have faith mam, it's not that many parts and that Jeep's not been jacked around much .

Ok, guys! My video skills suck! And hopefully this is what you need to look at. Please let me know if I need to do an additional video and what exactly I'll be looking for.

It is hard to tell but it appears to me that the tie rod connections are 1) over filled with grease causing to much bulging of the rubber boot (I do this inadvertently quite a bit, "just one more little pump of the gun") 2) they look like they are coming apart, although in the first video they appear to be tight.... It is really hard to evaluate using these videos, your track bar does not show up well in either one.... I would suggest a better video of a dry steer test looking at each end of the track bar (separate videos would probably be best) and also do a dry steer test with the cameras looking at each end of each control arm (there are four, tow top and two bottom, they hold the axle in position)
I posted videos below fire Jeep, I did not get a video of the track arm should I take that from above or down below?

Not my video. But this is what I look for when looking for a bad end. This might be in the extreme end.

I have heard it both ways. I do mine with the engine off. I don't like to be under a running engine. But im sure a lot of people will say running.

I agree with Ranger, but to be honest from what I have seen they don't look that bad...... to look at the control arms you will video from the side of the Jeep and behind the front tire...... I know it is difficult but try and hold the camera still in one spot for a longer period of time and like boink said, turn the wheel more, you are looking for slop or play in those joints (tie rod end or control arm end) and the only way to see that is to try and make things move........keep at it, we will get is narrowed down.....