New Jeep Owner

lrb6805

Die Living
Supporting Member
Hello everyone,

I just bought my first jeep, a '06 Wrangler LWB with 79k miles. I'm coming from a '97 maxima and decided to get a jeep as both my brother and dad have one. I am really into learning about the vehicle I drive and prefer to do as much work on it as I can, so I really hope to learn a lot from from this forum in terms of advice and How-To's. I know this isn't the only forum out there and isn't the "end all be all" resource, so if anyone recommends any other good resources for How-To's that'd be great too.

Thanks!

Reactions: Chris
Post some photos of your Jeep! That's a huge upgrade coming from a Maxima, I'll say that much!

Another great resource site for our TJs is Stu Offroad.

Welcome to the forum enjoy the jeep. I will warn you its like drugs. You do 1 mod and it will never stop

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Already have the top and doors off here in TX

9e92ddd98414e2928c818adc0bf1eec8.jpg

0c16d784aa5f94e52b1e82c084e3aac8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are many Jeep specific forums, but you'll find that this one offers great advice without all the trash. I have seen that members here are more eager to help and less eager to belittle others, however you will find some very strong opinions, just don't take them too personal.

Last edited:
Holyyyy crap. That's a sweet LJ. Very nice!

Live in Texas too - currently dying with my AC being currently broken. Too humid here in Houston to take the top off!

Love that Jeep. Another Texan aboard. Yeehaw. I occasionally stay in Grapevine near the NE shore of the lake. Nice MTB trail there. You won't find a better group of guys and knowledge base than right here. I've only had my Jeep since Christmas and started with 0 knowledge of automobiles and now have learned so much about my Jeep, to full servicing it, suspension lift, motor lift, et al, and almost all of it was figured out right here.

P.s. Might consider a spiderweb shade over the top to keep you a bit cooler in our TX sun...