New Kicker DVC square sub in console?

JeepKub

8" Solo-Baric L7S 4 Ohm

Anybody try this yet or knowledgeable enough to know if it would fit with mods?Pretty decent specs for size. Might give it a try, but would like to hear from folks with experience.

Specs:

Size (IN.,CM)
8, 20.32
Impedance (OHMS)
4 DVC
Max Rec Amplifier Power (WATTS PEAK/RMS)*
900/450
Sensitivity (dB 1w/1m)
Frequency Response (Hz)
28-100
Mounting Depth (IN.,CM)
4-3/4, 12.1
Mounting Cutout, Square (IN.,CM)
7-1/4, 18.4
Min Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters)
.33, 9.4
Max Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters)
.75, 21.2
Min Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)**
.66, 18.6
Max Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)**
1.0, 28.3

Mounting depth is too big. Doubt it would fit. you need a slim line sub. Do you have the factory sub console?

Yup, have the factory console. Any suggestions on a higher performing sub that does fit? Otherwise will do something under the seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you're willing to do some major modifications to the enclosure, your best bet would be a powered sub enclosure under the seat. A 6.5" sub will only give you so much.

I did this under the rear seat. Rockford Fosgate PS-8. Polks for my dash and sound bar. I love it and completely hidden.
IMG_5720.JPG

I did this under the rear seat. Rockford Fosgate PS-8. Polks for my dash and sound bar. I love it and completely hidden.
View attachment 18452

Looks very nice and clean. We just installed Polks in my sons TJ this winter. Powered by an alpine amp. Easy install all the way around. He has a Bazooka in the back. I will likely go the Polk route. Might go with component speakers and mount the tweeters using one of the common locations/brackets. I want a better integrated sub, like what you have though.

Looks very nice and clean. We just installed Polks in my sons TJ this winter. Powered by an alpine amp. Easy install all the way around. He has a Bazooka in the back. I will likely go the Polk route. Might go with component speakers and mount the tweeters using one of the common locations/brackets. I want a better integrated sub, like what you have though.

You guys sound sound system Savvy, so whatever you do will turn out nice!

Those powered subs sound pretty darn good for such a small package. I went a little different route and modified my center console to fit a slim line 8" sub. I didn't have the factory sub, just an empty pocket, so I sealed the pocket and fabbed up some bracing for the sub. Mounted a small 300 watt amp under the steering column.
20151122_130709.jpg

20151122_130722.jpg

20151122_132726.jpg

20151122_123055.jpg

2 L brackets mounted on a piece of plywood, then mounted the amp to the plywood. L brackets bolt up to the 2 steering column brace studs.
20170312_172525.jpg

Amp I went with.
20170310_145130.jpg

Reactions: JMT
Those powered subs sound pretty darn good for such a small package. I went a little different route and modified my center console to fit a slim line 8" sub. I didn't have the factory sub, just an empty pocket, so I sealed the pocket and fabbed up some bracing for the sub. Mounted a small 300 watt amp under the steering column.
View attachment 18466
View attachment 18467
View attachment 18468
View attachment 18469
2 L brackets mounted on a piece of plywood, then mounted the amp to the plywood. L brackets bolt up to the 2 steering column brace studs.
View attachment 18470
Amp I went with.
View attachment 18471

Nice customization.

That is exactly what I was hoping to try with that new Kicker sub. The square form factor looked like it would fit from a dimensions standpoint (with a lot of customization). But the depth could be the down fall.

Reactions: bobthetj03