New lift questions

Hhouse54

I just installed my OME lift and now have a list of follow up questions I’m hoping to get some help with. Im getting some slight vibrations(mainly around 40mph) and wondering the best way to combat them. Im wanting to plan out the next steps with in mind I might go taller in the future. I would rather not do a transfer case drop because I don’t want to lose the inch that I just gained with installing the OME lift. This brings me to either installing a MML (without body lift) or SYE and DC driveshaft. Here are my questions..
1. If installing a MML is there any cons to installing a MML without a body lift ? Also with in mind probably going taller in the future will there be any pros/cons down the line?
2. Do I have to have adjustable control arms to install a SYE and DC driveshaft properly? Should I just forget the MML all together and install a SYE and DC driveshaft ? If I go that route now and go taller in the future will I have to buy another driveshaft for taller lift height?
I hope all these questions make sense. I’m trying to put it all together in my head with the limited amount of knowledge that I have about all this. TIA. This forum has been extremely helpful!

Just do the MML until you decide to go higher. No downside to it. You can drill 4 new holes in the fan shroud to relocate it, if you don't want to do a BL at the same time.
p.s.. If you do a SYE, you need adjustable control arms.

Reactions: Hhouse54
No real cons to the MML except having to drill new holes in your fan shroud.

A SYE done properly would be paired with adjustable control arms to take full advantage of pinion angle tuning and future proofing your build.

Welcome to the vibes club, try taking out your front driveshaft and going for a drive after you get the MML installed. should be eliminated for the most part.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hhouse54