New member from Arizona

Tonopah

Supporting Member
Been eyeing the new JL but they seem overly complicated and kinda bloated. Spotted this TJU and bought it. 2005, auto, 145K miles and essentially stock. My son-in-law did some mods...
LJ Wrangler.jpg

JLs are overpriced, bloated, and if you are like most of us here and like working on your own vehicle, you definitely don't want to get into a newer Wrangler unless you have a crap ton of diagnostic tools.

Your LJ is a beauty, and I love the color too (mine is the same color). Looks like it's got a nice lift and tires too. Any other plans for it?

There's a lot of other people on here from Arizona as well, including @_ac.

After I bought it, I gave it to my son-in-law with my wish list. He wrenches, not me. The lift is 3 inch (BDS) with Fox shocks. The tires are 33s and the gearing is now 4.88. I am out of state right now and haven't even seen or driven it yet. Next week though.

After I bought it, I gave it to my son-in-law with my wish list. He wrenches, not me. The lift is 3 inch (BDS) with Fox shocks. The tires are 33s and the gearing is now 4.88. I am out of state right now and haven't even seen or driven it yet. Next week though.

Hey, can't argue with that! So you pick the mods, he does the wrenching? That's awesome! Do you pay him, or is he just nice enough to do it for free?

My daughter and son-in-law own a Big-O Tire dealership in Phoenix. They do as much mechanical work as they do tires and love 4x4's. They do a lot of lifts. He and his guys have had a blast working on this 2005 LJ.

My daughter and son-in-law own a Big-O Tire dealership in Phoenix. They do as much mechanical work as they do tires and love 4x4's. They do a lot of lifts. He and his guys have had a blast working on this 2005 LJ.
Well you sure wouldn't want to deprive them of their fun of working on your Jeep!

I have a '15 Rubi 2dr 6spd that has been modified for overlanding and I do a lot of camping/hunting out of it. It has been my daily driver too. I can see the LJ auto as becoming my daily driver and continuing to use the JK for the serious stuff.

Love the set up and welcome to the forum.....the simplest mods can make a Jeep looks great....case in point (see above) lol