New member from Bluffdale, Utah

CACooper

Greetings all from Bluffdale, Utah. And no, I’m not Mormon. My neighbors are and rarely speak to me, but that’s another story. New to the forum, but not new to TJ’s. I previously owned a 1998 TJ Sport, bought new. Drove it a couple of years then sold it. Been kicking myself ever since. After searching for several years, I finally located a 2001 Sport in decent condition, 75,000 miles with very few modifications. I’m in the process of removing the ridiculously oversized tires/wheels, safari rack, luggage rack, weathered fender flares, dealer installed stickers and doing maintenance that was sorely neglected (changing fluids, new shocks, etc.). The gear lube and transfer case fluid were definitely installed at the factory .
It has standard suspension with a 2 inch body lift as the only aftermarket mod.
I’m installing factory replica alloy wheels, 31x10.5-15 tires while keeping the factory suspension. Nothing extreme, as I just want a nice, good running, reliable weekend/around town runner, with occasional fire road excursions. Definitely no rock crawling, just not my interest.
It’s currently up on my lift while work proceeds and waiting for parts. I’ll post some photos when it’s presentable.

Welcome to the forum mate...yes please post some pics, don't worry if its not presentable, we don't care here haha but it would be nice to see what you working with.
Plenty of help with issues you may have and help spending your money ;)

8D50E322-5180-49C7-9A2C-E7669F71ECB2.jpeg FA41BB6E-34C1-48FE-8F74-8713C7B7A774.jpeg Here’s a couple of shots of the progress. Removed the dealer installed “Sasquatch edition” stickers from the hood and sides. Unfortunately, they were on there for 17 years, so Sasquatch has left the vehicle, but his ghost remains.
Awaiting wheels, tires and bump stops. Presently installing new fender flares and shocks.

Reactions: Chris and Jay P
Who doesn't love a red jeep? Looks like you are making the necessary mods to bring her back to glory ! Welcome from Texas !

Welcome, I lived in Bluffdale from age 15-21. Now eagle mountain and North Dakota, and @Thunderhead since you decided to bring it up, Joseph Smith was just a prophet like Moses or Noah, our Lord and Savior is Jesus the Christ.

Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to follow your progress with the build. I'd say it's definitely time for some new fender flares, that's for sure!

Welcome, I lived in Bluffdale from age 15-21. Now eagle mountain and North Dakota, and @Thunderhead since you decided to bring it up, Joseph Smith was just a prophet like Moses or Noah, our Lord and Savior is Jesus the Christ.

Yes I was just being an asshat, I grew up in the church. My dad is in Roy, brother in Syracuse, sister in NSLC