New member from Illinois

JeepinK4

Just purchased a 2003 Wrangler Rubicon Tomb Raider Edition. Future plans include replacing stock carpet with bedrug, replacing very aged BDS 3" lift with either a OME, BDS or Teraflex 2" lift. Replacing fender flares with new ones as they are in bad shape in areas. New head unit and speakers. Adding a switch system for accessories. Replacing old hella halogen lights on lightbar with led's. Im sure this list will get longer. I am looking forward to the advice and ideas this forum has to offer.

lightbar.jpg

20181027_214407.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Welcome to the forum! Where in Illinois are you located? (I grew up in Rockford).

Advice is free and worth what you pay for it - here's mine:

1. Find a local club and join. Local guys know the area, what works there and can be a great source of advice and help. Plus it's usually fun to go on club runs.

2. Go on some runs with your club to learn what your Jeep is capable of, and which areas you want to improve. A Rubicon with a mild lift and a winch is a pretty capable rig for most situations, but it sure is fun to keep building them.

Reactions: JeepinK4
I live in Henry. Its just north of Peoria about 35 mins or so. I don't think i have any local clubs close to me or at least any that i have found yet! I have always wanted a jeep and the wife finally gave me the green light. I searched for about 3 months to find what i wanted and now plan to customize it to my likings.

I grew up in Lincoln and still have family there. Went to junior college at ICC back in the day.
I grew up in Washburn and also attended ICC "back in the day"!! I may have to check out the Jeepers Creepers event if my sons don't have travel baseball games that weekend!!

I grew up in Washburn and also attended ICC "back in the day"!! I may have to check out the Jeepers Creepers event if my sons don't have travel baseball games that weekend!!
This will be the first year since my son was 9 that we don't have travel baseball. I'm looking forward to some fun with the family this summer but not until the end of June when my daughter is done with club volleyball. Good times!

Reactions: JeepinK4
A Tomb Raider edition, huh? You don't see many of those around.

I'd be prepared for that "list" to grow 15 times over ;)

Welcome to the forum!