New Member From OR

A

AdalinesDad

Just picked up a 2003 X 5-Speed with 61K. This is my first Wrangler but 4th Jeep (first with a real frame). Not sure what my plans are on it except to daily it for now and keep it reliable. I have changed the spark plugs to NGK oem ones and the Mopar stubby bumper end caps. I have order a new OEM radiator, OEM water pump, OEM tensioner and idler, OEM belt and Gates radiator hoses. Next month I plan on replacing the hubs with SKF units and Centric rotors with Akebono ProACT pads. Other than that I will be doing either a Bestop Trektop NX or finding a OEM hardtop and then a JeepAir kit and eventually a stock bumper winch plate and a winch. Researching the H&R springs and shocks at the moment as I like the idea of a progressive rate spring. I think the 31”s on their currently are a great size for daily and getting me 99% of the places I’d like to go (replacing a lifted Subaru Forester I built up, nice to have a proper 4WD with transfer case). I enjoy the classic look of a TJ and don’t want to stray too far from that. Other than that plan on switching the headlights to Trucklite LED units and Quadratec LED taillight assemblies for safety. Since this is my daily I just want to keep it reliable and easy to work on.

32C7E030-9CBC-4485-945B-DCF6311054D1.jpeg

3F2AB3B2-3FAD-4D74-A69E-EB97B72F727A.jpeg

5965B864-8F95-4D64-9FCA-3A0D9D0A5981.jpeg

Welcome to the forum and great looking TJ. We moved out of Oregon May of 2020.

Welcome to the forum and great looking TJ. We moved out of Oregon May of 2020.

We may not be here much longer. Wife had to fulfill her NHSC scholarship which she finished last mot the so we may be out of here shortly. No longer a place to raise a toddler.

Reactions: Chris
We may not be here much longer. Wife had to fulfill her NHSC scholarship which she finished last mot the so we may be out of here shortly. No longer a place to raise a toddler.

Agreed! That’s why we finally got out. I wasn’t going to raise our three young children there. I was born and raised in Oregon but enough was enough.

Agreed! That’s why we finally got out. I wasn’t going to raise our three young children there. I was born and raised in Oregon but enough was enough.

Yup! I have some hope for this fall election but we will see. I’m not going to hold my breathe. We have a few irons in the fire for escape plans. Don’t want my daughter to be too far from her grandparents so we are looking at Utah where I have family and maybe Nevada or AZ.

Yup! I have some hope for this fall election but we will see. I’m not going to hold my breathe. We have a few irons in the fire for escape plans. Don’t want my daughter to be too far from her grandparents so we are looking at Utah where I have family and maybe Nevada or AZ.

Yep, we went with Arizona. After COVID and all that followed people are really pissed. I think that’s one of the major reasons why Oregon might just turn red for the first time in a long time.

You can’t go wrong with the southwest. It’s my favorite part of the US.