New member from Ohio, 05 LJR

cabech984

Hi all,

I thought I was already a member on here but guess not! I've lurked this site for nearly a decade through countless google searches, but have apparently never posted. I've owned my 2005 Unlimited Rubicon since 2017. I bought it through a classified section on one of the other Jeep forums out of New Jersey. Flew out there and drove it home 11hrs, put its 80,000th mile on it en route, just in time to take it to my local Jeep Jam that was going on that weekend. It is my Fourth Jeep, I've owned a 97 TJ, a 2004 TJ, a 2015 Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock, and lastly this one. I bought it with a 2" spacer lift, track bar relocation brackets, some no name shocks, and 33's. Since then, I've done a laundry list of upgrades and made some changes over the years! I've bought half doors, so I have Hard/Soft top, full and half doors. It's currently sitting at just over 101k miles. With the exception of painting the silver part of the fenders, I've done all the work myself along with family and friends(we're all mechanics)

Metalcloak adjustable Control Arms
Metalcloak track bars
Currie 4" springs
Fox/Savvy tuned Shocks
Fox Steering Damper
Currie Currectlync steering linkage
Currie Antirock front swaybar
JCR offroad crusader bumpers front and rear covered with Raptor Liner
Smittybilt 9500lb winch
Metalcloak Overline fenders(aluminum inner fender color matched to body)
Banks Cat back exhaust
Adams Driveshaft for rear axle(w/1350 double cardan)
Revolution Gear and Axle Lifetime 5.38 Gears
Revolution Gear and Axle Lifetime Chromoly axle shafts front(1350) and rear
Black Magic Brakes
JL Recon 35" takeoffs for street, Baja MTZ on steelies for the trail
Spidertrax TJ to JK wheel adapters
Kicker Speakers and Sub/Alpine Head unit

Pic of it when it's all cleaned up and one of my most recent trip to Slade, Ky. A bad catalytic converter almost ruined the trip, but it managed to run without issue for the wheeling day, had to trailer to and from though. So gutted those and looking for a good replacement solution at the moment. While repairing the cats, I discovered some frame rust that wasn't present the last time I spray painted the exterior of the frame, pulled the belly pan etc. So have to devise a plan to repair that. Also looking for deals on a Warn winch to I can move the smittybilt to Trailer loading duties.

IMG_2151(1).JPEG

IMG_6022.jpeg

Reactions: Shank and Irun