New member from Oklahoma

801 Driver

TJ Enthusiast
Chris, Thank you for all this detailed information. Bought my first Jeep a couple weeks ago, 1998 Wrangler Sport, 4.0, 5 speed, 61K org miles, totally stock. The second owner really was a little old lady, mother of a friend of mine that decided to sell it. She owned it 15 years and put 10K miles on it, garage kept. The price was very right. As an old guy, it may replace my need for a dirt bike I gave up many years ago and my Goldwing that is getting heavy for me, not to mention the increase of inattentive drivers out there.

Been doing all the fix it back up things a 20 year untouched vehicle might need, brakes, shocks, cracked windshield, sticky door latches, wheel alignment (thanks for that thread), headlights pointing to the tree tops, replaced the soft driver and passenger upper windows (zippers really bad), driver seat entry with a tear, and stuff like that.

Found this site and started looking at stuff here on this forum a week ago, not through it yet. Found this thread and wondered "what gear ratio do I have on mine?" Followed your posted link, put in the VIN number and now I know all, well except where the hell are my original Jeep Floor mats? They are missing, Got a link for that too?. Ha Ha.

I am very impressed with this site. A lot of great guys sharing good information without the BS and back biting that happens on so many sites. Thank you and all the others for contributing to help newbies like me.

Moderators: You are welcome to move this if it is inappropriate for this area. Still finding my way around here, still finding nifty things to go check out. Why did I wait this long to get a Jeep? Humm

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you're getting use out of it so far.

From the sound of it, you bought a really nice TJ. Those are especially low miles for being a 1998! I've had similar buys over the years where an older man or woman had a vehicle stashed away that they only drove once in a blue moon. Those are the types of deals I love to find.

Be sure to post some photos of it when you get a chance.

Haha... can't help you on the floor mats. I don't think I even know what the original floor mats look like!

I think you'll find that this site is probably one of the most drama free forums out there. We don't really get anything like that on here. We've got a great member base, and everyone is always very willing to help.

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place for information. Many people have helped me to resolve my issues.

Welcome! That sounds like one heck of a great find! Definitley post the picks I'd love to see it. Are you planning to leave it stock? I'd like to get my hands on another TJ just for that. I'm sure they are hard to find these days still stock. Because obviously they are so much fun to mod!

Welcome to the forum and start working on that list on your new hobby.....Everest was conquered one step at a time.

Last edited:
Had some intense stuff going on, got behind here. Let's see if I can get a few pics out here of my new to me 1998 TJ, my
C9D8037F-0038-427C-88A1-A80F11F714A1.jpeg
1st jeep.