New member from Sierra Vista AZ

my big fat willy

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
looking forward to sharing ideas and builds on my big Willys

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: Duan
Little more about us and our Big Willys...
I'm a retired Navy MMC(SW) (propulsion engineer) so I have a lot of wrench turning in my background. Retired and got my degree in nursing... The wife and I have spent 4 years in our motorhome traveling around the country having a blast. Landed for a 3 year stint in southern AZ and bought my big fat willys. There's a lot of trails throughout the area that we plan on running this summer

Just bought this one month ago and started the mods right off. Replaced the 4 severely worn shocks and steering stabilizer and painted the fender flares a flat camo green. Have bought flat black to paint the gas fill surround, license plate holder, hood latches, roll bar speaker boxes, windshield wipers and tailgate hinges. Will be removing both bumpers to cut grind and paint into the right fit. Got the new speakers delivered a couple days ago so I can replace the worn out blown things in there now. Bought material to build my doors off arm rests, they slide into the door frame door latch. I have many other mods that I will be working through and hope to share my efforts with others as well as getting helpful hints and ideas on things to do and mod.

This is my second jeep now. The 1st was a 95 YJ I bought and did 6" lift on so I could run 35s. I yanked the anemic 4 banger and built a chevy 350 and a 700R4 tranny along with new SYE and new drive shafts. Bored 0.003 over, comp cam, headers, CAI, put corvette shift plates into tranny, air lockers and 100 other things... Did it all in my driveway with only hand tools cuz that's all I had.

Reactions: Kevin E and Chris
Badass photos man, and great looking Jeep!

I used to live in the Phoenix area for several years, perfect weather down there for a TJ!

Post some photos of under the hood!

Reactions: my big fat willy
image.jpeg
Don't have any pics anymore of the 95 YJ post build (have a couple with the front end off waiting on me to do the engine install)

Reactions: Chris