New Member Intro

Coadster32

Supporting Member
Hey all. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chris, and I have had a TJ for the last three years. I know everyone likes pics, so I don't plan on disappointing. My Jeep came with this "Theme" already on it. I painted up the factory Ravine rims to match, added some 31" tires, shocks around, JK springs in the front, and a 3/4" lift up front to level out the ride. I have a hard top hanging in the garage as well. Standard 6 speed transmission, 4.0 liter inline 6, 2006 Unlimited or LJ if you will with just over 100k miles. I've replaced the valve cover gaskets, front and rear main seals, radiator, and front end tract bar, before it became the Death Wobble. Track bar hole in frame wasn't elongated, so that was good. I undercoat it with Fluid Film every year in the fall at some point. Seems to keep the winter crud on the roads from rotting away at it. Still a bit to go on it, but I suppose there always will be. I just sold my 1979 Camaro last week, so perhaps I'll start giving my Jeep some more attention in the coming few years.
1000003491.jpg

1000003492.jpg

1000003493.jpg

Any chance that involves changing the "theme" ?

I wasn't that keen on it when I got it, but I guess I have learned to live with it. The decal on the hood is starting to fade and crack though. I pulled off one decal, and it is sun faded pretty good/bad. Looks like it might be quite the paint overhaul to do it.

Welcome to the jungle.

Probably just light on the heat gun and it will peel off. Take awhile, but little sections at a time. I can see the cracks. Nice to have you here!