New Member Introduction

TCJ

I would like to introduce myself. I am new to the forum. I purchased a 1999 TJ a couple weeks ago. I have owned 4 other jeeps and sold the last one 40 years ago. I grew up in Yakima WA and now live in Ellensburg. I am looking forward to exploring some of the jeep trails in Central WA.

Welcome to the forum. That's a nice looking Jeep, and thanks for filling in your profile. We love pictures around here, please post a few.

I did something similar, I bought an '05 LJ a few years ago, but my previous Jeep was a CJ5 about 40 years ago.

Welcome to the forum. That's a nice looking Jeep, and thanks for filling in your profile. We love pictures around here, please post a few.

I did something similar, I bought an '05 LJ a few years ago, but my previous Jeep was a CJ5 about 40 years ago.

Thanks Buzzard. I'll have to figure out the posting of pictures.

Thanks Buzzard. I'll have to figure out the posting of pictures.

Reecer Cr north of Ellensburg.
5US62lS.jpg

Oak Cr feeding station a couple months ago
KeFKils.jpg

This is my second jeep. A 1954 CJ-3B frame with an M-38 body and a 215 ci Aluminum Oldsmobile V8
fwBQTOF.jpg

I bought a brand new CJ-5 in 1975. It had a 304 American Motors V8
BRKycy6.jpg

My third Jeep. A 1947 CJ-2A with a 327 Chevy V8, warn overdrive and Mercury brakes.
q88f6S1.jpg

https://ridebdr.com/

It's a curated route mostly of dirt roads from Canada to Oregon right through central Washington.

Mostly conceived for dual sport motorcycles it's a great way to drive your Jeep, get in some camping and see some beautiful country.

-Mac

Okay, My wife and I were up on Bethel Ridge above Rimrock lake a few years and that group came by us.

View from Cash Prairie on Bethel Ridge. Before the Scheinder Springs Fire
tgGg0Ie.jpg

Reactions: John Cooper
This is my second jeep. A 1954 CJ-3B frame with an M-38 body and a 215 ci Aluminum Oldsmobile V8
View attachment 529389

I bought a brand new CJ-5 in 1975. It had a 304 American Motors V8
BRKycy6.jpg

My third Jeep. A 1947 CJ-2A with a 327 Chevy V8, warn overdrive and Mercury brakes.
View attachment 529390

The TJ is larger than the flatie's and CJ-5 , and gives up a lot in the power to weight ratio . But the upside is they're much easier to drive , ( since you don't have to lift your knee past your ear to get your foot on the clutch pedal ) . And you won't have to steer with your left arm only , using your right arm to hold the T - 90 shifter into 2nd gear on deceleration ! ;) Welcome to the Forum ! and have a blast with your TJ !!!!

Reactions: Weasellee
The TJ is larger than the flatie's and CJ-5 , and gives up a lot in the power to weight ratio . But the upside is they're much easier to drive , ( since you don't have to lift your knee past your ear to get your foot on the clutch pedal ) . And you won't have to steer with your left arm only , using your right arm to hold the T - 90 shifter into 2nd gear on deceleration ! ;) Welcome to the Forum ! and have a blast with your TJ !!!!

I am enjoying the roomier interior and head room. in my TJ. When I took a test drive before I bought it the first thing I did was find a steep hill to drive down to see if it popped out of second gear. No problem...I'm buying!