New member with driveline vibes

unlimitedwrangler

Hello everyone new member i recently purchased a 06 unlimited softop tj 6spd manual. I love the jeep have done all the basic maintenance.
It has a rough country 4in lift kit with 35s. I have vibes between 50-55.
When i checked the pinion angle it is 4 degrees more than the transfer case output.
I do not want a TC drop so should i order a sye and driveshaft or first try to adjust the pinion angle down? I have adjustable rear upper control arms if so how do you get the front of the rear to go down?

I have a 4 inch RC lift on 33s. With the t-case drop (from previous owner) and i still get the vibrations. My next thing is the SYE when i save the money. So basically dont drop the transfer case. Just do the SYE so you can do it the right way.

Check your tcase Mount, u joints and pinion yoke for wear (the ears that support the u joint caps can get thin). Just had all 3 of those bad on mine but I had vibes at all speeds lol

Thanks for the advice guys ordering a sye and driveshaft tonight morris has one on sale for 169 shippped. I already started taking the transfer case apart ill have to borrow a pulley puller from work to get the harmonic balancer off.
Everything looked good i even tried removing he front driveshaft the tranny mount wasnt torn but the bar was bent a little so i replaced that.
I forgot to add my jeep is lighter in the rear no back seat or spare tire carrier soft top is off to i had to add 2in teraflex spacers up front to level it.

Transfer case is out waiting for the sye kit and morris double canard driveshaft.
Removal was easy with power tools didnt have to pry much to seperate it hardest part was getting the front yoke off but that wasnt bad with a 1 1/8th socket and pneumatics.
I still need to pull the harmonic balancer and dissasemble the gears but every thing looks good no shavings chain has a little slack.

20190826_191841.jpg

I would never spend a dime until I pull the front shaft in drove it.

SYE and driveshaft are installed set the pinion angle 1 degree less than the driveshaft no vibes or leaks
yet.
Install was very easy with the right tools and only removing the back half of the transfer case.

20190904_162629.jpg