New rear seat plus hardware recommendations

Fortzen1305

05 TJL that I bought when I was a young, young man and I've somehow managed to hang on to through moving all over the country. A few years after purchase I was doing a lot of multiday camping and off roading and ended up taking the rear seat, seatbelts, and mounting hardware out. I still have the seat but that's the only piece left after several cross country moves.

Fast forward to today, my wife and I just had a new baby and I am looking to update/ upgrade my non-existent rear seat situation to something safe and fun so I can take my son in the jeep with me. Surely someone on here has some recommendations on places to look for this kind of thing. Thanks in advance gang and look forward to hearing your recommendations.

Are you wanting new or new to you? If you have the seat and need new brackets and seat belts those are easily found on ebay or any jeep part out guys nationwide. I am happy to direct you to a couple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you wanting new or new to you? If you have the seat and need new brackets and seat belts those are easily found on ebay or any jeep part out guys nationwide. I am happy to direct you to a couple. Just fyi you need 03 up seat brackets as they are different than the 97-02 style.

I'd happily go back to OEM given I could find all the brackets, seatbelts, and hardware since I still have the rear bench seat. I'm always looking to upgrade though so thought someone on here might know a business that's doing upgrades.

I'd happily go back to OEM given I could find all the brackets, seatbelts, and hardware since I still have the rear bench seat. I'm always looking to upgrade though so thought someone on here might know a business that's doing upgrades.

I dont know that you really need to upgrade the rear seat..I would guess there are companies out there that would love to sell you an overpriced upgraded seat but I don't think that's necessary.

Save your money for something else IMHO

I dont know that you really need to upgrade the rear seat..I would guess there are companies out there that would love to sell you an overpriced upgraded seat but I don't think that's necessary.

Save your money for something else IMHO

Makes sense. Ebay is probably my best option for this stuff, huh?

with the right brackets, putting a 03-06 back seat into a 97-02 is not super hard. I did it to my 02.

Reactions: Ocho