New Ride

I have always loved driving older cars as a daily. Thought nothing of it as a young man. In fact, I almost looked forward to something giving me trouble, as I loved the challenge of figuring it out and doing "side of the road" repairs. But things are different these days. People aren't as considerate or friendly, and a breakdown becomes stressful. As for a regular commuter, due to traffic being so bad, brakes and overheating issues are the only thing I have any real concerns with. All of that can be upgraded, of course, but in their bone-stock form, a lot of the old iron just isn't up to the task.

Reactions: TWiG01
The old iron becomes more of a ornament than a useable vehicle and the setting is not good for them, I have a 1978 Silver Anniversary Corvette that has 35,000 miles on it that my dad purchased new. Every time you want to take it out its a crapshoot on what is gonna work or need to be worked on to get back home, I picked my wife up in it on our first date in 1979 and she always loved the car but she is skeptical about riding in it now.
Spot on. It was a car I that I loved owning and took exceptional care of, but there was always a little worry in the back of my mind. Especially on the longer trips. It was a great car, but there’s just no comparison to the reliability and peace of mind I have with the newer car.

I have an 81 Corvette I bought 23 years ago, put maybe 3500 miles on it since then. Now on my lift with a flat tire that won't plug to hold air. Really don't want to drop $1000 for a new set...I am just too lazy to sell it.
Put it on FB. That’s how I sold mine and it was pretty easy.

Reactions: cliffish