New RS5000X

1515art

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
My suspension is “one” of the last things I needed to straighten out the PO has it set up in a way the ride is extremely rough when the new Savvy control arms were installed they had trouble removing the old arms according to the shop everything was binding up. The fox 2.0 shocks it has aren’t known for a great ride if not set up right and these were not the correct size, one of them blown out and the bump stops were wrong.

had a shop order new shocks and they recommended new brackets to match the shocks for best alignment and max travel for my lift and so far I notice a big improvement with only the rear done. I was originally planing on using a completely new weld on bracket the shop recommended but these were not providing a proper alignment, so they went with a bolt on extender bracket. They have to reschedule installing the front shocks the ones they ordered were the wrong fit, but driving home the ride is so much smoother. I was also riding just slightly lower in the rear before now the Jeep looks level front to back with the new shocks installed in the rear, I hope the ride improvement is as good an improvement when the front is done as was with the back?

A thank you to the forum for the recommendation on the RS5000X exactly what I was looking for, hope the shock bracket extenders workout long term?