New TJ owner in NC

sb69coupe

Hi folks, new member here. I previously owned a 2010 JK Unlimited as my daily driver. I recently sold off my classic cars (55 Chevy and 69 Corvette) and was itching for something fun for a weekend / play vehicle that I can also wrench on. I started researching TJ's, found a 2006 locally and brought it home a couple months ago. It checked out OK, only minor surface rust on the frame and none on the body, runs smooth and has no known issues other than a very small rear main seal leak.

According to the previous owner, it has a Rough Country 3.25" lift, Pro Comp steering stabilizer, the A/C and cooling system was recently refreshed. It's running 265/75-16 tires currently. Since I bought it I've added some LED headlights, some new seat covers, and fixed the front seat bushings to eliminate the rock/wobble. Planning to change the transmission lube next week since it's a little "notchy" going into 2nd when cold.

I've already gained a ton of valuable info here, and look forward to participating. Here are some pics from the FS ad, as a means of introduction:

IMG-1327.PNG
IMG-1327.PNG
IMG-1318.JPG
IMG-1320.JPG
IMG-1321.JPG
IMG-1323.JPG
IMG-1324.JPG
IMG-1325.JPG
IMG-1326.JPG

Reactions: Chris and PRNDL
Very nice!

And welcome to the Forum!

Looks like you have a good, unmolested platform to work with, what are your plans?
Leave it stock, or build it for off-road? :unsure: