New TJ owner with PO138 code

Hey Gang, Just wanted to give an update. I got the crown OPDA saturday. Changed it with no problems . Glad I can view live data on my reader, made it easy to get just right. Jeep is running great, no more codes have came up. I have put about 50 miles on it so far. Whats crazy is even the bank one sensor 2 finally is not showing up any more.. I know unrelated but Maybe new sensor finally got recognized by pcm?
But Just wanted to say thanks for the help!!!

Reactions: sab
I got the crown OPDA saturday. Changed it with no problems .

Larry, how did the worm gear on the cam look?

Glad I can view live data on my reader, made it easy to get just right.

Did you have someone do the Relearn procedure for you after changing the OPDA? Also, previously (in Post #14), you said you did the Relearn procedure. I had asked in a follow-up post if you actually did the relearn or the battery disconnect, but you never answered that. I'm trying to get more data, so if you could answer that, it could be helpful to me and to future readers of this thread.

Jeep is running great, no more codes have came up. I have put about 50 miles on it so far. Whats crazy is even the bank one sensor 2 finally is not showing up any more.. I know unrelated but Maybe new sensor finally got recognized by pcm?

Call me pessimistic, but I think P0138 is likely to return. Unless your changing of the OPDA jostled the wire harness in the right place (where there is damage), I can't see how that would fix that code. That code does not require the sensor to get "recognized" by the PCM. It's simply triggered when the output signal voltage from the sensor exceeds 3.99 volts for 76.8 seconds or more. Look at the list of possible causes for P0138 in Post #8, and you'll see that changing the OPDA is not there. I hope my pessimism is wrong, though, for your sake!

But Just wanted to say thanks for the help!!!

I'm glad things are improving with your TJ!