New TJ Soft Top

bkregg

Supporting Member
What is the best aftermarket soft top for a TJ? Looking for new frame and all. I want some flexibility to use it more than just up or down. I have full doors. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

Reactions: KimsJeep
What is the best aftermarket soft top for a TJ? Looking for new frame and all. I want some flexibility to use it more than just up or down. I have full doors. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

Bestop is what most people like. I have the Supertop NX. I like how I can fold the front back a little, a lot, or all the way. During the summer I run it with no windows and when it is nice out will fold the top back to the half way point. I really love it.
99230AFF-AD9C-483C-9BCB-32BECCAFCE91.jpeg

Reactions: bkregg
If you were to come to Phoenix I have one with top, back window and tanneau cover for solid doors with windows that I could pass along.

I have the Bestop replace a top and it is pretty good

I would stay away from "Sierra Off road".After 2 years I cannot see out of the back window.And they are non replacable..I talked to them and they said I have to buy a new top.Bestop has replacable windows and I will be buying one

Bestop is what most people like. I have the Supertop NX. I like how I can fold the front back a little, a lot, or all the way. During the summer I run it with no windows and when it is nice out will fold the top back to the half way point. I really love it. View attachment 182187
Do you need the Supertop NX to fold back the top half way?

Do you need the Supertop NX to fold back the top half way?
I have the Bestop Supertop NX also and it's great as mentioned here. The sunrider feature lets you flip the part over the front seats back without folding the entire top back/ down.

The standard Bestop (which is still top quality) doesn't have the sunrider feature.

I have their Replace A Top as well. I love it. I can take all the windows out, roll them up and stuff them in a bag that fits behind the passenger seat. Not an LJ. I use an old beach chair bag and towels to separate the windows. Then fold the whole top down, leaving it attached to the Jeep. It’s not as clean looking as being gone all together. But, I love that I can quickly pull it back up and throw the windows on in the event that the weather turns or it’s just too hot. I live in the desert, so heat is a thing. The top is also very quiet. Especially when compared to the Smittybilt top it replaced. I have full doors as well, which I often pull off when the weather is nice. I then bought the Besttop cloth 1/2 doors with the uppers that we can use if we go wheeling somewhere nice but know it will be hot on the way home. The uppers are light and can ride behind the seats in case we need to close up the Jeep on the return trip.

FC38080E-173B-40CF-AC85-3F7B8FDFD13B.jpeg

I am really happy with the fit and easy installation of my Bestop replace-a-top. I'd recommend them in a heartbeat. Look around on the internet for the best price, but they are worth the money if you want OEM quality.

Bestop has made the stock tops for most of our lifetimes. They are the best looking, best fitting , most functional and durable soft tops made. If you plan to keep the Jeep, you want a Bestop.