New to a 2002 4.0 automatic

Rocky Mtn ADV

Hello, glad to aboard! I just picked up a mostly original 2002 4.0 with 122,000 miles, automatic, hardtop that I want to tow behind my motor home.
It needs some front suspension work and bits for the inside as the brits would say. I am not going hog wild on upgrades but basically replacing OEM parts without going to the dealers

Are there preferred suppliers for:
  • suspension, 2-4" lift kits, bushings etc
  • Interior carpets, mats, rear window support shocks, seals , door straps
    IMG_2263.JPG
  • Question ???? My original 15" alloy wheels have some major clear coat peeling and corrosion. Can a 17" wheel with a 255/75R/17 tire fit in the wheel wells with out chaffing the plastic fender trims? Impact to speedometer ?
    IMG_2260.JPG

Welcome to the forum! 😸

I’ve got a ‘02 in silver as well. You can always check my build thread to see what’s been done to it.

There are a bunch of different suppliers for many items. I wouldn’t recommend any one supplier for Jeep parts. Shop around for your parts once you know what you want and save some money because Jeep’s get expensive fast!

Stick with OEM parts for your drivetrain, lift kits vary depending on your lift height and tire size.

When you’ve got a specific item to modify or replace, let us know, and we’ll steer you in the right direction.